Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  CR relays help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CR relays help  (Read 3201 times)
arfulruf
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »

I would like to ask concerning the CR style relays that Bally used in some EM slot machines. My machine is still acting up and I've a hunch that the CR relays are my problem. Could someone out there provide me/us with how they operate, How they are checked for proper operation, any repairs that are possible, if its ok to swap them out with each other, when to buy new relays, and finally things that should never be done with them.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:34:14 AM »

The outside of the relay box should have writting on it for the style / model number or voltage of the relay. You say that your machine is still acting up, whats the problem? Pictures and more information is always helpful to us, to help you.. These relays can be swapped out as long as they are the same voltages, #1315 - 48 VDC or #1310 - 6 VAC are two of the relays, there is a 3rd, 48 VAC used in various Bally applications.

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
arfulruf

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »

my 956 low top is in need of service. when i turn it on the coin accepted light is on. when i pull the handle, the machine cycles through and the insert coin light is then lit. i  put 1 coin(quarter) in and it regesters it and the "coin accepted" light is lit but any more coins are returned. when i pull the handle, the "coin accepted" light stays lit. after the reels stop spinning. If a winning combo is made it pays out like it should  the
handle release coil trips thehandle lockout assy unless the handle assy is partly pulled. when the handle assy is returned to its static position, the handle release coil trips and it can be free
played over and over until  the slot machine is turned off, then the cycle starts all over again once i turn it back on. any winning combos will not pay anything. also when the handle is pulled, as soon as the first reel sets, the total -in meter advances 1/2 a number. after the third reel is set and the coin lockout coil is energised, it regesters the other 1/2 number on the total-in meter. Im willing to fix it myself if i knew what to do. I've cleaned the switches im am able to get to. I feel its the CR relays that are to blame. I just need how to properly test them . The relays have the words "1310 series" and "48 volt" on the outside of the case and has "48 volt AC" inside the plastic case  on the coil.

* DSCI0151.JPG (778.24 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 250 times.)

* DSCI0167.JPG (899.89 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 273 times.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:51:33 PM by arfulruf » Logged
prarire
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:23 AM »

I have a few relays that are n.o.s. 48 volt  . Before replacing them, try using a brass brush on the bottom contacts of the relay. If the pins  oxidize they do not make a positive contact and stop voltage flow.  Or perhaps if that does not work the relays are worn out.

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:07:52 AM »

Take good care of that Dale Pokermatic, arfulruf! One day it will pay for your child's retirement. Is it in working order?

arfulruf

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »

I found out that my odds unit assy. Reset coil  does not engage.  Only when i reset the odds unit by hand the slot began to work. I just cant put more than one coin in it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:37:43 AM by arfulruf » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.