Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Value of 742A's?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Value of 742A's?  (Read 3221 times)
frenchmarky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »

I'm doing some shopping... what is the typical going price for a 742A Bally in good, original and working condition from a private seller?  I'm talking a regular 742A single line, single coin machine without any special features like hold and draw.  Thanks!
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:44:26 AM »

Well... in my NON expert opinion the correct answer to your question is it depends... I depends on A LOT of factors such as Where you and the machine are located?  Is the machine complete with the topper?  What condition is the glass and chrome in?  Does it work 100% including all payouts?  Is it a fruit or Jackpot only machine?  What condition is the cabinet in?  And much more.  In the last 3 years I have seen 742A's actually sell, not what people are asking,  for $300-800 bucks.  If you don't know how to work on the EM's and don't have a mechanic close by made sure the thing plays and pays absolutely properly.  Otherwise you will end up with a large book end.

Good Luck
T
frenchmarky

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:58 AM »

I'm in Calif, the machine has the original awards topper and "tic-tac-toe" reel strips, the fruit belly glass, says it is working all the way.  It's where I could go easily pick it up and they are asking 600, so I guess it sounds like a fair price?  It is a nickle machine and I already have a quarter 873 machine that I've fixed up and fixed many pinballs so any EM work it needs would be easy for me.  Not sure if nickle machines are not as desireable as quarter or higher machines, with what a nickle is worth nowadays!
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:27:37 AM »

Sounds like you have the 1964 742A on your hands.  ALL sellers say that he machine works great.  When you arrive any problems that you discover NEVER happened before and it is the FIRST time that the machine acted that way.  As for price,  things are worth what one is willing to pay.   IMHO on the east coast where games are kind of scarce $600 might be in the upper part of the ball park but in Cali, unless absolutely pristine I would say that $600 for a 5 cent. 1 line 1 coin at a time machine is about $100- $200 north of where you can get it for.  My 2 cents.

T
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »

$200/ 400 depending on shape  a few here think they are rare but   as many as you see for sale on ebay and thur local auction , I don,t think they are rare  , right now it,s a buyers market
frenchmarky

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 04:35:55 AM »

Gracias for the replies, I'll think it over after I go see it  : )
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.