Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  New Member-new(old)slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member-new(old)slot  (Read 3628 times)
tbpicman
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:40:01 PM »

I have become the owner of a Bally electromech. slot. The plate has two sets of numbers. 922-z1 and below that, 5LP-810. It is a quarter, single coin play,all payouts on center line. It had some problems when I got it, with the help of the person who owned it before me I have worked most of them out. He is now long gone and there is still a problem i need help with.
The "winner paid" light is on and does not go out with the next pull. With the light on the machine will not pay. Is ther a reset some where? I have tried unpluging the power and resetting the coin hopper, still nothing. Any help for the new guy would be much appreciated. thanks.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:59:06 PM »

NLG Welcome tbpicman wave

It sounds like your payout counter might not be resetting properly. It also might have a melted/sticky rubber zero stop. The payout counter is the unit on or next to the hopper that has a disc with a large spiral groove in it.

There should be two relays that can be activated by hand (power off, of course.) Pressing one of them (most likely the one mounted horizontally) should advance the the spiral disc and the wiper arms one position per activation. Pressing the other (most likely mounted vertically) should reset the arm to the zero position. It should snap back quickly. If it doesn't snap back or if it sticks because of the melted zero stop and doesn't advance properly, that is most likely your problem.

I'm not an expert on these machines, but check the mechanical function of the counter and post back. Either way, one of our experts will be able to get you going. If the zero stop is gummed up, you can remove what's left, clean off the gunk and use an eraser from the end of a pencil in its place.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tbpicman
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

StatFreak: Thanks for the reply. I found the relays you mentioned. They seem to work as you said. I advanced the spiral a number of times, then pushed the other and the spiral snaped back against the stop. I think it is the stop, but there isn't any rubber bumper(gooey or otherwise!) that I can see. After resetting manually,  reinstalling the pay mech.; the "winner paid" light is still on. Isn't it supose to go out with the next coin played? Anyone else have an idea. Thanks. 
junkman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »

Check the lower plunger coil on the back side of the wipper board on the hopper. When looking at the wiper board on the side of the hopper two screws to the right that hold  the rack to the hopper remove them and the rack will fold doWn and you will see two plunger coils the one that resets the relays to the left is the problem. Most of the time you can look where the wires go to the plunger coil there are two very small leads going to the coil and one of those will be broke or you will see melting around coil plastic.  I hope this helps you out please keep me posted what you find out. Terry

Always remember when you leave the house keep your eye's open.
Chedderboy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »

Pics!

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
junkman

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »

Replace this coil and plunger shold fix the problem let me know. Terry

* IMG-20110911-00084.jpg (631.88 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 323 times.)

tbpicman
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

Terry: Thanks for the tip. I checked out the plunger and connections and the y seem alright. I recleaned abunch of the relays, and now(fingers crossed!) the slot seems to work normaly! I still need help identifying my slot. If you could look at my post; What Is It; with picture; maybe you know what it is. Thanks for the help
.Tom
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »

Rare that coil or plunger is bad   make sure wiper moves freely on  board,  board might be a bit dirty  , clean with contact spray
junkman

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »

Just saying that the plunger was bad on one of my machines it looked like the contacts had stuck together burning the coil of the plunger I agree all contacts. Should be clean first Nerd

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.