Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  slot pays out half of what it should
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slot pays out half of what it should  (Read 5970 times)
junkman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »

I have a bally 809 EM machine that you can bet up to 5 coins. And on all wins it pays out half of what it should. I have checked the manual 2400 and it has very little trouble shooting have cleaned contacts and have adjusted for it to go back to zero on the hopper board and all of that seems to be working good. If anyone has had this come up before please let me know. I really think I'm over thinking this problem. Thanks guys

Always remember when you leave the house keep your eye's open.
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:33 AM »

Did it ever work correctly?

Maybe it's paying out correctly, but has the wrong glass showing an incorrect pay table?

Just a thought...
junkman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 01:02:37 AM »

:61-Yes they worked at one time there's two of them

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:09:39 AM »

I have a bally 809 EM machine that you can bet up to 5 coins. And on all wins it pays out half of what it should. I have checked the manual 2400 and it has very little trouble shooting have cleaned contacts and have adjusted for it to go back to zero on the hopper board and all of that seems to be working good. If anyone has had this come up before please let me know. I really think I'm over thinking this problem. Thanks guys

Hey Junkman... Did you check the spiral cam and the wiper contacts on it?  If someone attached the wiper on the back of the spiral cam in the wrong position, it may close the zero contact, but it will never correct.. Pictures of the parts in question are alway very helpful...  Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »

If it's paying half with one coin bet then it's not a problem with the payout multiplier circuitry and is probably a problem with the payout counter near the hopper, as Amachanic has pointed out.

If different payouts all pay half, it sounds to me like the payout counter is advancing two clicks for every coin out. I might be wrong, but if the spiral cam wiper were in the wrong position you would be shorted by a specific amount for every payout instead of half of the payout.

Just my 2ยข

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:36 AM »

stat is correct,,make sure the machine is paying out the right amount on a single coin, before you get into the multipiler .

use the stop fan method to set up all the win combos and check out the pays.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
junkman

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:44 AM »

Still pays hAlf

* IMG-20110828-00078.jpg (880.86 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 265 times.)

StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »

stat is correct,,make sure the machine is paying out the right amount on a single coin, before you get into the multipiler .

use the stop fan method to set up all the win combos and check out the pays.

Jim

Good point and a better idea.  Hail  As you check each pay (for 1 coin bet), I would also look at the payout counter for any that are incorrect to see if the counter has indeed advanced as many positions as coins have actually been paid out. Also note if the payouts end on proper amounts (the end of one of the copper traces.)

That will help you determine if the payouts are wrong because of the counter or because those sawtooth disks on the reels and/or the wiring doesn't match your game.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »

Still pays hAlf

Exactly what game is it? Exactly what are the payouts supposed to be and what are you getting?  A fruit machine would pay 5 coins for two cherries and you can't get half of 5 coins. That leads me to believe that you have a JPO (1, 2, & 3-bars and sevens only) machine or lightning (bars, 5-bars, and sevens) or something similar, but post more details

and  Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures

(BTW, I think you posted the wrong pic in your last post, unless the girl is fishing for your slot in the river. Tongue Out  arrow bust gut laughing bust gut laughing)

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 01:56:04 AM »

I thought about the hoppers 100 tooth gear possible doing a double click. Check the condition of the gear and the lever that advances it for wear or possible sticking. Junkman didn't you have a post here within the past week or so that you thought you had a broken stop on the spiral cam? If so is this the same machine?

junkman

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »

Sorry for the wrong picturein last post I have a bally 809 its a 5 coin max play that is not paying full payouts. It pays three coins for double cherry which should be five and it pays 1 coin for 1 cherry which should be 2. And pays out 11 for anything with a 18 hit. The hopper board shows a little wear and wiper arm is making contact. When it resets to zero on hopper board where should the wiper contacts be? mine are on 2 . I know I'm rattling on I just want to make sure I'm buying the right part and the manuel does not show the zero placement of the wiper where it needs to be when it resets. I have two machines doing this. I thank you for your time and help. Hers the picture of the two machines that are doing the same thing

* IMG-20110915-00098.jpg (521.54 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 261 times.)

* IMG-20110915-00097.jpg (387.9 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 240 times.)

junkman

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »

I thought about the hoppers 100 tooth gear possible doing a double click. Check the condition of the gear and the lever that advances it for wear or possible sticking. Junkman didn't you have a post here within the past week or so that you thought you had a broken stop on the spiral cam? If so is this the same machine?
I have replaced the cam with new one

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 10:37:32 AM »

Sorry for the wrong picturein last post I have a bally 809 its a 5 coin max play that is not paying full payouts. It pays three coins for double cherry which should be five and it pays 1 coin for 1 cherry which should be 2. And pays out 11 for anything with a 18 hit. The hopper board shows a little wear and wiper arm is making contact. When it resets to zero on hopper board where should the wiper contacts be? mine are on 2 . I know I'm rattling on I just want to make sure I'm buying the right part and the manuel does not show the zero placement of the wiper where it needs to be when it resets. I have two machines doing this. I thank you for your time and help. Hers the picture of the two machines that are doing the same thing

From what your describing your hopper payout board just needs to be adjusted or as I said the wiper on the back of the spiral cam is not in the right location.. With the spiral cam returned to the start position the contacts should be on the 2 on the wiper board. Now if you advance it two coin clicks you should be on the 5 part of the wiper board, and after a total of 5 coin clicks you should be on you next pay out point that my guess is 10 coins... I check mine with an OHM meter to see if they are clearing the contacts point on the board.. You adjust the zero stop or have to loosen the mounting board screw an rotate the wiper board to correct your payout problem. The is also a stop lever I believe on the back side of the wiper board that can be bent slightly to help with the same issue. They do show this is the manual I have on the EM machines..

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »

you are aware that you can do all of the checking and adjusting and verifying outside of the machine. there are two coils on the counter unit, one to count up the total amount of coins and the other to reset it. did you wind up the return spring too tight? does the wiper arm assembly move smoothly as it counts up? for each count the wiper should fall into the void on the last count. e.g. ten count=the wiper falling off the the foil run on the tenth count. when you reset the the unit the zero stop should be open, on the very first count it should fall to the closed position, with no hesitation, no sticking, no delay. sometimes if that rubber stopper is going bad it will leave a gummy residue on the cam and hold the switch open, make sure it is clean.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
junkman

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »

I will walk back thru it this afternoon

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.