Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  1st reel
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st reel  (Read 4649 times)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »

well a big thanks to everyone skyraider is up and running and i have reluctantly had to sell it to make room for the next project but its gone to a good home.
which brings me to this posting.
have a new bally project now the first reel spins OK bit of a short spin then all three reels spin short but that's OK .
what happens is for about 4 spins in a row the 1st reel only moves 1 index then it spins again for a few spins then repeats the 1 index
i cant see whats happening the fingers on the board dont seem overly tight against the board the springs underneath are all there and seem fine Scratch Head
i cant see why it does not cock back far enough any advice most welcome
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

I suggest reading the post immediately below yours on the board. The topic was covered just three days ago: yes
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8609.0

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »

well i read the article and well we still have a problem yes
i am wondering if the latch link underneath is the problem are these prone to wear it seems (not sure if im right)that the first reel is not latching all the time
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »

well the latch pawl is the problem (i think i hope)
the pawl would latch but the the latch link seemed to kick back early tripping it
i moved the latch link one hole and now it works  fine every spin, only theres little timing between reels 1 and 2
i can live with this but i will replace it and hopefully it will be fine
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.  propeller

Thanks for letting us know what was wrong. applause applause

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:04:47 PM »

Mark,
You might want to try dinking around with your L-stop bracket on the back of the reel mech.  That works with your handle kick, and if you loosen and push it back just a nudge, it might let your latch links more fully engage, and thus may help out with the reel spin problem.
Or try lengthening the pump-assembly throw rod (attached to your front 1/2 gear), and extend it just a bit longer. (the two 1/2"? nylon insert nuts on the rod)
As I recall  if you lengthen the rod it kicks sooner, and if you shorten it it kicks later....
If it works, then you can move your latch-links back to original position and get better spin.
Alternately, try taking the reels out, and then doing a handle pull in order to see what your links are doing without them in the way.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »

well i have spent a bit of time looking at this problem,in the end i cleaned all the old grease  off of the mech
so i could see what was going on.
turns out it was the basic fault of badly adjusted kick off.as posted by old reno thank you sir Hail
the latch links are back in there correct position.
adjusted according to manual and it is fine now, although its not quite spot on what the manual says because of a more modern dashpot
 switch the pump handle needed adjusting as well.
only a few more faults to go Cry Laughing
just to kill 2 birds with 1 stone what are peoples thoughts on greasing the parts, or light oiling of the parts ,i was thinking that being a home machine perhaps a
light oiling would be better, the grease used on this machine was as sticky as toffee  once cleaned the reels and mech seemed (to feel) much better.

the next post will be on getting the machines 5 goes for 10p working the (thing )works but i`m about to look at what holds it on free play for the 5 spins
 anyways thaks for all your replys

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.