Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  ebay bidder with only 6 secs left!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ebay bidder with only 6 secs left!  (Read 14386 times)
DannyG804
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 190

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »

For the record, I have a TD Dollars kit on the way. Being a rookie to ebay only meant I had to wait an extra week for this kit. Thank you all for the 2 cents you each put in... I also ordered a machine gun so I can try and gun down my next ebay bid with about 2 or 3 secs left!  Crazy
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »

Glad to see it worked out for you.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »

If you put in the max your willing to pay and someone bids higher weather they snipe or not if your higher you win ? or does this work differently than i think. i got cut off from ebay  for spending to much  can you believe that. i had to get there  paypal credit card to continue . IT came today  and took 2 weeks what a bunch of crap
Ebay and pay pal  done same to us wanted us to get a pay pal  cc  so now i send money orders which cost us nothing
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »

.....so now i send money orders which cost us nothing

You get money orders for free? And what about postage and gas to go go get/mail them?

But back to the topic of requiring a PayPal CC - what is the trigger? I've had my account for years and have spent thousands of dollars and still use my own CC (which I pay in full each month and rack up tons of rewards points).
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »

[/quote]

But back to the topic of requiring a PayPal CC - what is the trigger? I've had my account for years and have spent thousands of dollars and still use my own CC (which I pay in full each month and rack up tons of rewards points).
[/quote]  ITS  coming  to a theater near you . your days of using your card is numbed. NOTE *** I have never paid interest on a credit card . i always pay it off in full . My opinion is paypal  is now getting into the banking bussiness

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »

We go to post office everyday  any way   but paypal told us we spent our limit and we needed a paypal card I also pay our cc bill in full every month , I don,t want another cc
poppo

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »

ITS  coming  to a theater near you . your days of using your card is numbed. 

Are there any facts to back this up, or is it just speculation?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

My opinion is paypal  is now getting into the banking bussiness

Wake up. Paypal has been in the banking business since day one. What do you think they do with the hundreds of millions of dollars people have parked in their Paypal accounts every day? What else do you call a company that holds consumer cash and invests it for profit, while charging the consumers fees to transfer money? These clowns don't even pay interest on their deposit accounts! muted

Like many innovative online companies, they fell through the cracks and weren't required to adhere to all of the tough regulations placed on the banking industry. They are covered under regulations governing the electronic transfer of funds, but I doubt that they are required to protect account holder funds with insurance in case of a meltdown, and I doubt that the types of investments in which they choose to speculate are overseen by anyone other than eBay's stockholders. There are probably a host of other banking regulations they don't have to worry about, either.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »

We had 18.99 refund to us thur ebay for a guy that tryed to beat us  that was a year ago last may till this day paypal still has our $$$ that ebay sent them , we paid by  cc  they want $$ to refund my  $$ and won,t let us use that 18.99 pay pal is a rip
poppo

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »

We had 18.99 refund to us thur ebay for a guy that tryed to beat us  that was a year ago last may till this day paypal still has our $$$ that ebay sent them , we paid by  cc  they want $$ to refund my  $$ and won,t let us use that 18.99 pay pal is a rip

huh?  Scratch Head I'm not sure I understand. All I know is that if you are issued a refund on something, then PP will transfer the funds back to the original source. For example, if you used a CC for the payment, then they will refund it to the CC and nowhere else.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 09:38:04 PM »

I think paypal puts a spending limit on any account that does not have a bank account or SS# on the account, when you apply for the ebay or paypal cc they get the SS#

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »

I think paypal puts a spending limit on any account that does not have a bank account or SS# on the account, when you apply for the ebay or paypal cc they get the SS#

I thought that you HAD to have a bank account linked with the PP account (for verification). At least that seems to be what I recall from years ago. But if that changed, then maybe that is why there are limits. The bank account I have on file never has more than about $50 in it (just enough to keep it open).
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:12 AM »

I don't know how it's done now, but when I first joined they imposed an account lifetime maximum of $1500 (or maybe $2500) if you only had a CC attached to the account. You had to add a bank account and become a verified user to lift the ban, but you could then continue to purchase items with your CC. I did what poppo did, and opened a dedicated inactive account with only a dollar in it. I wouldn't trust PayusPal as far as I could throw a ten ton truck .. .. with my tongue!  Tongue Out  muted no

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »

We had 18.99 refund to us thur ebay for a guy that tryed to beat us  that was a year ago last may till this day paypal still has our $$$ that ebay sent them , we paid by  cc  they want $$ to refund my  $$ and won,t let us use that 18.99 pay pal is a rip

huh?  Scratch Head I'm not sure I understand. All I know is that if you are issued a refund on something, then PP will transfer the funds back to the original source. For example, if you used a CC for the payment, then they will refund it to the CC and nowhere else.

we paid by cc they will not send it back  to cc we tryed for 19 bucks not worth the hours on the phone with some dot head that you can understand
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:50:45 PM by a69mopar » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »

I did what poppo did, and opened a dedicated inactive account with only a dollar in it. I wouldn't trust PayusPal as far as I could throw a ten ton truck .. .. with my tongue!  Tongue Out  muted no

I feel the same way.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.