Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Parts,Stuff,Machines etc.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parts,Stuff,Machines etc.  (Read 3083 times)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« on: November 26, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »

It is quite interesting to me that sooooooooooooo many people ask for a lot of the same things,  Which are mostly harder to come by but I know some have.  I think some of the owners of these items may be tired of being low-balled, haggled (I had another word but i did not want to offend).  Point said,  Everyone wants a deal--I 100 percent agree.  There is a lot here that Sorry I said this just want items for free.  Perhaps go see your local Goodwill or Salvation Army and they may have what you need. 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »

It is quite interesting to me that sooooooooooooo many people ask for a lot of the same things,  Which are mostly harder to come by but I know some have.  I think some of the owners of these items may be tired of being low-balled, haggled (I had another word but i did not want to offend).  Point said,  Everyone wants a deal--I 100 percent agree.  There is a lot here that Sorry I said this just want items for free.  Perhaps go see your local Goodwill or Salvation Army and they may have what you need. 

If a seller is getting "low-balled, haggled", then I would suggest that they post a price
for the product.
But if one posts stuff up for sale without adhering prices, then people will ask for
a better deal because of the wildly varied pricing schemes that's going on.
The seller is just asking for a headache.  Tongue Out

When I buy stuff on the internet, I basically just pay whatever the seller is asking for it.
If they give me a break, I pass the word out here to everyone on what a good seller that person is.
If the seller is prompt with shipment, as I am with the payment, I also pass out good word about that seller.  yes
Often I will add extra to help cover the Paypal charges and good packaging too!  yes
It's always nice for the seller to get a couple of extra bucks to buy some more bubble wrap, etc...
I want the vendor/ seller to understand that I want what I paid for, to arrive to me in one piece!

If the seller bitches and complains about the transaction, or I get "less" than
what I paid for for - I say nothing.  no
They've lost any future sales to me.  ttth
If I can't get the item I want or if they charge too much -
I make it myself or go look elsewhere.  propeller

As a slot homeowner, I can totally understand that some things are hard to get and yes, maybe a vendor or seller could charge a bit more for the product.
However, there's a fine line where whether or not the sale will happen or not - depending on the pricing...
Personally, I think all the vendors on NLG are top notch!  yes
It's important for us NLG'ers - to support them as best we can.
If they stay in the biz - we get what we want!
I'm just way thankful I never go into the biz of selling slot stuff! 
That would take a few years off of my life!... rotflmao
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »

Interesting coments stout. I was not just talking/ranting about myself!.  Some time back I sent you a few things free of charge for the goods. I take care of everyone I sell too or buy from for that matter. I am one of the best packers in the business as far as shipping goes.  There are NO problems here,  Just not going to donate/give parts away either.  How can you price a huge amount of items?-The market changes weekly.  I have always been happy helping folks here and also enjoyed the many people and vendors/etc. that have been here to enjoy doing business.  Thanks Barry.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »

I wasn't actually talking about you really...I was just pointing what my own experience is kind of like when buying stuff.
I've received many things from various sellers and just paid for the shipping part of it...
( I think they're just happy to get it out of their way!! LOL )
I like to throw in a few bucks if I can, to help cover , like I said earlier,  packing supplies at least.
A few times I throw in extra money and they send it back to Paypal !!! LOL
I wish they wouldn't do that! Just credit it to my next purchase or something! haha!

As far as pricing huge amounts of items...well...that's the seller's part of the job.
Can you imagine pricing the hundreds of thousands of parts that
a company like Jameco or Mouser stocks?

I know it's not easy and I'm glad I'm not in that line of work but if the stuff is priced right and pasted to the products - prospective buyers see it, and decide whether or not to buy it.
I think it's bad business practice to try and sell stuff without putting a set price on it.
That's kind of what a junkyard does...lol
If the slot parts market fluctuates that wildly ( "weekly"), a seller has to be on the ball and have their prices ready to change on the fly - it goes with the territory...or get left in the dust.

PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »

Ok, , You have no idea.  I have a very demanding full time job.  Many times I open my mouth/ keyboard and could not deliver.  that was only in my opinion 5% of time. I do a good job with quality hard to find and even common parts --thank you.  So many things are "exchanged" behind the scenes --You have no idea.  many things are never offered.  I did not have to offer anything now or in the past.  I have never taken a picture of my main warehouse/holding and shall not. Not trying to tease but when people show up with fists full of dollars--there you go--B. (here goes the clint east wood viedos now- Silly Me!).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:13:48 AM by a69mopar » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »

Let me be perfectly clear to you on 3 things.

Number 1: Thank you for trying to sell stuff to NLG members.
Number 2: I have no fists full of dollars for you.
Number 3: Contrary to what you believe - I am not a doctor of any kind.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:50:21 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »

It must be Bull Shit Saturday and Sunday Sales Days too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:19:19 PM by idesign » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving with lots of left overs as I did. I did not eat as much
as I did last year because I remember how bad I felt for 2 days. rotflmao

Opps, maybe I posted this in the wrong topic. Hummmmmmmmmmm.

Ron (r273)
superparts
**************** SLOT PARTS FOR SALE ****************
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »

I glad to be a member here.

i have parts for:

Atronic Emotion:
Comm, backplane, Main, Multi media boards and button decks.

WMS BB N BB2
NXT2 & NXT CPUs, BB2 backplane, OLED decks.

Aristocrat Veridian
CPU, Backplane, powersupply.
PM Or EMAIL preferably:  superparts1@gmail.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.