S2000 Chips Explained
<< < (2/5) > >>
Foster:
When I say ST I am not referring to S2000 Tournament Base chips I was referring to the ST (tournament) chips for the S+, which can not be used in a S2000.
it wont even let you use it for the standard pay table in the chip.
I tried everything you have to get a tournament base chip.
zarobhr:
Quote from: Foster on February 03, 2012, 10:49:19 PM

When I say ST I am not referring to S2000 Tournament Base chips I was referring to the ST (tournament) chips for the S+, which can not be used in a S2000.
it wont even let you use it for the standard pay table in the chip.
I tried everything you have to get a tournament base chip.

sorry for ST i meant slant top
Buzz:
 :212- :212- Kevin  I think you hit this one right on, THANKS for the time and work. Before I forget  THANKS  for all the RED shirt work you have been doing. You do realize I'm in the know, that meaning I know I don't want the job. again "Thanks"

poppo If you didn't know a thing about S2000's  Fosters reply #3 sure doesn't help.  I know Foster knows S 2000 but I haven't a clue what the hell he was talking about. 

Let me try to simplify a S 2000, say you have a machine with Double Diamond Deluxe game, using SB******, SG000363, and a VS011GX1 (multi denom version chip) and you wish to change to a 5 X Pay. All you have to do is change the SB chip. ( you will have to use a key chip)  With the exception of a few games they being Vision, Reel Touch, Barcrest, and some WOF type games the above will hold true.

In the last couple of years I have had about (150 ) S2000 machines just as a guess I'd say 60 to 75 different game themes. I think I have had one machine that gave me a hard time using SG000363 game chips. Now some here will say I've went off my rocker again, and I don't mind. I do kind of get tired of this pissing match as to which game chips to use. I don't read a PSR to see which ones IGT thinks I should use, I use the ones that I know they are going to work. Isn't that the whole idea, you press the spin button and the machine does it's thing.
knagl:
Thanks for the feedback and the kind words, everyone.

Buzz, thank you too -- I love learning about this stuff, and I love being able to try and spell it out in a clear fashion so that others can figure it out in the future, too.
slotsx2:
On several games that didnt have a specific sound card of it's own, I was using the basic machine sounds, even tho I had a sound card. Every time I put a DSV 42 card in I got an error message, so I removed it. I finally figured wth, I'm gonna try to set it anyway... IT WORKED!

The DSV 42 has MUCH better sounds and a larger variety of sounds than the standard game sounds. So, if you put a DSV 42 card in and get an error message, IGNORE it, set your sounds and enjoy the sounds as they should be.......
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page