Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Games
| | |-+  1987 IGT Jackpot devil battery change.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1987 IGT Jackpot devil battery change.  (Read 25526 times)
James
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »

:103-The machine was manufactured in 1987 it is a
IGT Jackpot Devil at first I was getting  a CMOS error and was told
to replace the battery which I did and that fixed the CMOS error I can
put machine into adjustment mode I was told next step was to use a
Ram clear chip as when battery dies the board loses its data and has
to be cleared out.I bought Ram clear chips off EBAY and they don't work
for my type of slot machine can anybody help me figure this out.
Thanks for any help you can give. Cry Laughing
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

Exactly what error code numbers were showing on the display?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »

CMOS error, was this spelled out on a display on the bottom of the reels glass  alpha numeric display?   never heard of a "jackpot devils" in a S or S+ game.  Is this a M slot machine?

Jim.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know.  It's a 4-reeler, S or very early S+ (or at least it was also made as an S+, as I have SP051, and SS3364 - SS3368 in the list as supporting it).

Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures Please Post Pictures

I've never seen one in person -- just an old black and white scan of the paytable glass.  Please, PLEASE post some pictures of your machine!  Thanks!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »

He has a military machine?
James
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:45:51 PM »

cmos error is no longer displayed after using reset chip there is a 0 in the coin display.But now I can move through settings just dint know what else to do reset the rest of the machine the direction from the reset chips do not work on the type of slot machine.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »

James-

Any chance you can post a few pictures of the inside and outside of your machine to help us confirm exactly which model machine you have and how to clear it.

...not to mention some of us (at least me) would love to see the kit you have in there.  propeller

Please Post Pictures

Thanks!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »

knagl,  you are right   I looked in my bible last night,  its a 4 reel 3 coin mult.   it has SS numbers for the chips so.... maybe a S+. 

I have the picture, same black and white you have.  Paytable 111  SP051  states that its required for extra time to let the fourth reel spin.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
James
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »

Well it looks like there was no help here when someone whats photo's before they will help.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »

Not the case,  do you know how many different types of slot machines IGT has produced?  you haven't been giving us a lot of information either. we THINK YOUR MACHINE  is a S+ model.  How did you know that you had a cmos error?  how could you order a clear chip if you don't know the type of machine you have? cmos error doesn't need to be reset  using a reset chip. I never heard of a reset chip.  perhaps your confused and your calling a clear chip a reset chip.

Is your machine a four reel machine?  what is the part number of the logic board?  what are the numbers on the game and data chips?  what type of reset chip did you buy? why didn't the directions work? if they didn't work how did you clear the cmos error?

Give us some information so we could help you. 

have you tried to operate the machine?  it may work and you could be good to go.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:57:56 PM by Jim » Logged

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »

Well it looks like there was no help here when someone whats photo's before they will help.

With all due respect, we don't even for sure know what model of machine you have -- photos (no apostrophe) of your machine would help us to determine whether you have an S or S+ and would make a difference as to how to get your issue resolved.  You've told us you have a 1987 IGT machine.  That's like telling a car mechanic that you have a 1987 Buick, but not telling them what model your Buick is.

The more you can tell us, the more we can help you.  Pictures tend to tell a lot more about a machine than the description by someone who isn't terribly familiar with slot machines.  Many of us here are nice people willing to help other nice people, but again the more information provided about the problem, the more information that the members here can provide towards a solution.

On top of that, most of the members here are collectors or fans of different slot machines, and enjoy seeing images of other machines, especially when it comes to harder to find games like the one you have.  If you don't want to post a picture, that's your prerogative, but keep in mind that you're not paying for a service here, and it's not in your best interest to make things difficult for the people who can potentially help you.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »

James,
There's no such thing as a "Reset" chip.
I've heard of a "Reset Key" and a "Clear chip".

Because you said this, we know you're a noobie.
So that's why we asked you for a couple pictures.

I need to see one of the outside front of the machine and one good photo of the the guts.
We are waiting for more info from you so we can
help you get your machine up and running like it's supposed to be!

If you don't want to put up a couple of pictures...then don't.
You are NOT REQUIRED.
But you're going to have to be very, very descriptive in what you are saying with better details
and you must try to spell correctly if possible.
The computer you're using I'm sure has a spell checker program that you can activate?

Capeesh? Understand? We are only here to HELP YOU!

Remember, "The more you tell us - The more we'll tell you.."

Right now, it's a GUESSING game as to what you did to your machine
 and WHAT model of machine you have...
A couple of pics will solve many, many questions....believe me.

john041160
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »

Hi
I'm the one Dennis was posting for on the Jackpot Devil IGT SLot
And as he said in the display directly under the reels I was getting a error
4 letters CMOS I replaced the battery and pushed reset and error went away
there is now a 0 being displayed at the coins in. Iwash told the next step was
to installl a Ram clear chip to reset machine which I bought from dennis when
I put chip in and tried to reset I got no #s in display. I thought chip was defective
sent it back to Dennis he tested and said it was okay. Here are some pics of Machine
Thanks for ny help you can give me.  John
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:34:12 PM by john041160 » Logged
john041160

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »

sorry about link try this one
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:34:37 PM by john041160 » Logged
john041160

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »

Sorry His name was James not Dennis
Tilt
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »

Hi John, Welcome to  nlg

That's a nice looking unique machine you have, hopefully someone will be able to help you get it going again.  It seems to be a M slot and a S slot hybrid of some type, hence the M/S slot designation on the ID tag, but I've never seen one before.  It has the mechanical reels of the M slot, but the MPU board is closer to a S or S+ board than a M slot MPU. 

The front part of the MPU board was cut off in your photo.  Are there any pushbutton switches on it?  Here's what the manual for a M slot says to do if you get the CMOS display:

a) Turn machine off
b) Clear CMOS Ram by depressing the switch on the CMOS board (CMOS board is on a daughterboard on a M slot MPU)
c) Turn Machine On.  Display will read TILT CALL ATTENDANT.
d) Depress option selection switch on the master board (MPU) until reels start spinning
e) Close main door

I don't think you need a clear chip for it (if there is one).  The CMOS would have cleared when you replaced the battery. 

What socket did you put the clear chip in that you had?  Make sure the original chip is re-installed properly, pin 1 where it should be, and that no pins got bent when you installed it. 

If you have a pushbutton switch on the the MPU board try starting at step c and see what that does.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »

Even more interesting is that the MPU board is easy to remove like an S+ (it has the slide-in tray and sockets), versus the S MPU board which used harnesses with plugs that had to be removed.

Thank you for the pictures -- let us know how Tilt's suggestions work out for you.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »

Wow, I've never seen a machine like that.  Hail applause

In closeup pictures 2 & 3, you removed a white sticker from the 256k EPROM in U2? (U21 ? - just below the c15 label on the board . It can be seen in picture 13. Does that sticker have any writing on it?  (Maybe RS####) Scratch Head 2

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »

Threads merged and moved from the Tech Talk board to the IGT M Slot board.

P.S. I believe that this is an M+. They had removable boards like the S+. The M boards were located in a card cage.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
john041160

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:37 PM »

The Sticker has # RS5125 does that help?
I tried the procedure that Tilt posted with no
luck. I can bring up adjustments and tests on the
menu but can't play it or get it to take quarters.
Thanks for any help you can give me
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »

Closing the door should reset the machine wipe off what you're seeing from the display.
By the way, cool display!
Make sure the door latch is fully closed to get the coin mech to accept coins.

What kind of a coin mechanism is it using?
If it's one with a coin comparator, does it have a sample coin in it?

Below is a photo I've doctored to show you the volume knob location which we can't really see.
Please cover up the UV opening on the eprom with a piece of colored tape...
If any light gets in there - it will screw up the data in the chip.

* MS board.jpg (433.79 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 412 times.)
john041160

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »

I just put more shots of the inside of game and a more detailed
photo of game board. Hope this helps.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »

yes it does!
I see you have a quarter in the coin comparator as a sample coin.
Now we gotta get the coin mech to work.
I'm suspecting the door optics or door cherry switch isn't working.

ADD>>> this looks busted up.
I can't tell if it's a fuse holder or a button and whether or not it goes into that bottom hole...>>>

* broken button.jpg (395.33 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 369 times.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:05:10 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »

Bunker beat me to it.  hissy fit  Tongue Out  rotflmao rotflmao

Once that (fuse?) is fixed...   I also noticed that there is a button on the optic board, although it's a little different from the newer ones. Once the first issue is fixed, you might try pressing that button with the door open to see if it adds credits. If it does, try pressing the spin button to play them.

The chip I asked you about contains the program and reel information that drives your game. I would DEFINITELY keep the sticker over the UV window, and I would also suggest backing up the chip with a burner, if you know someone who has one, as that chip is probably not replaceable due to the rarity of the game.

john041160

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »

To my best guess it is not a Fuse holder it clicks in when you push on it
If you look to the left I had to drill out the lock as machine came with
 no keys. This button is in addition to the regular Test button mounted on
MPU case.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.