Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Games
| | |-+  1987 IGT Jackpot devil battery change.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1987 IGT Jackpot devil battery change.  (Read 25524 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »

Okay, so it's not a fuse...maybe.
I still think it's some type of a breaker fuse...the kind that click in but I'm not sure.
I wonder what it was for then?

There's only two wires on it...cut them from the orange holder, strip some cover off,
wire them together and tape it up with some electrical tape.
Then close the door and try dropping a few quarters and tell us where the quarters are going.
I want to know if the quarters are falling back into the tray, into the hopper or the drop hole.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »

Okay, so it's not a fuse...maybe.
I still think it's some type of a breaker fuse...the kind that click in but I'm not sure.
I wonder what it was for then?

There's only two wires on it...cut them from the orange holder, strip some cover off,
wire them together and tape it up with some electrical tape.
Then close the door and try dropping a few quarters and tell us where the quarters are going.
I want to know if the quarters are falling back into the tray, into the hopper or the drop hole.

Bunker, it could be another reset or test button. We have a few members who have some knowledge of the M+. It might be a good idea to hear what they have to say. Perhaps we could see if there is something about that button in the manual.  stir the pot / get cooking
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:42:12 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »

It looks to be the remains of a keyswitch to me, like a jackpot reset switch or something, but those are normally on the outside of the machine.  Does the machine do anything other than display a "0" in the display?  No other messages like Tilt Call Attendant?  

If it's just the two wires then the circuit to the switch was either normally open, closed, or momentary.  Cut them off the remains and you can try it all three ways and see if that does anything for you.  

Do you have pushbuttons near the interior power switch?  If so, what are they labeled as?

john041160
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »

As far as switch's inside machine there is a test switch which I have
used on the front of the board metal case. I do have a Jackpot reset
switch on the Right hand side of cabinet. I bought that key. The switch
that is at the bottom of metal case refferd to  in picture shown probably was behind the
lock I drilled out to get the board out. As to what it does I do not know
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »

You have a vintage M+ machine, like I said in an earlier post that there were only a few types of IGT machines that actually spelled out the codes.

the test button for your machine is the one middle way up on the card cage outer frame. its the only white test button there. 
the key switch which you drilled out did not have to be drilled out, its a security card cage key operated switch.  if there was a lock on the cage it would have been in a different location and attached to the motherboard. with the door open you should be able to press the white test button and see the tests come up in the display window. I think the first test is the inputs test. I can't remember if you can scroll thru the tests with the buttons or you have to use the reset key switch? I believe everytime you press the white button it should advance to the next test.
What exactly happens when you apply power,with the door shut. do the reels attempt to spin ? do they spin and lock in place? tell us EXACTLY what you observe and what goes on.
Bunker, yes that is one of the first optics, with the 555 timer on it. if you clip out CR-1 it will do the same thing as Q-2 or Q4.  also the test button will put credits on the machine when it is operating correctly.
I'll have to look at the manual this evening to see if the key switch will affect anything!.
It wouldn't hurt to operate the machine in both states to see what happens, meaning clicked in and unclicked and observe if anything changes.

Jim

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:10:14 PM by Jim » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »

Oh yeah...These puppies are old...lol
dated 1984...still works too!

* 1984 coin-in optics board 002.jpg (587.16 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 339 times.)

* 1984 coin-in optics board 005.jpg (544.26 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 379 times.)
john041160

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »

Back at work will get back to slot and report update
Thanks for all the helpful replys
john041160

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

I posted a new pic of what is comming up in display I cannot slot to
add coins via the switch under coin comparitor I am not getting
any other messages have tried restets to no results.
http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/john041160/
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 11:31:23 PM »

Look below....

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:52:12 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Firebird
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 11:39:02 PM »

by the picture you posted, you appear to have a problem in the first reel, I would try unplugging the reel and reseating it, if that does not clear it, switch reels 1 & 2 and see if the problem follows the reel. If I am not mistaken the button for adding credits does not function with an active tilt on the machine (not 100% sure on this)
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »

by the picture you posted, you appear to have a problem in the first reel, I would try unplugging the reel and reseating it, if that does not clear it, switch reels 1 & 2 and see if the problem follows the reel. If I am not mistaken the button for adding credits does not function with an active tilt on the machine (not 100% sure on this)

Agree with Post

That "No Spin 1" is saying that the machine isn't seeing reel 1 spinning (is it when the machine is powered up?).  I think Firebird's ideas are good.  Turn the machine off, unplug reel 1 and then re-plug it in, turn the game on, and see what you get.  Any information shown on the displays is VERY important in troubleshooting what your machine is doing, so please be sure to continue to let us know what you're seeing (either with pictures, or with a text description of the message(s) you get).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »

Thread merged and moved from the Tech Talk board to the IGT M Slot board.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

Deja Vu

Please try to keep all of the posts about this issue in one thread so that members don't end up chasing tandem discussions.

Thanks,

Stat garfield

Kevin: +1 (Karma, or whatever)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
john041160

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »

Stupid question I guess but is reel one on the left or the right
of machine. And does anyone have a PDF file of the service manual
for the M series slot they could Email me??

Thanks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

Reel 1 should be the leftmost reel.
Funny, your post made me think of the bomb squad.

"Cut the Blue Wire!   No!   Cut the Red Wire!!"

Nobody even has a machine like yours...I'd suspect that the manual is even rarer...
But to tell you the truth...I'll wager that Rocket has one somewhere.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »

I have a machine similar to yours in my shop. you cannot swap out the reels, you can swap the reel kickers. you can grasp the handle like arm on the kicker and pull it towards you . this will release the kicker so it can be pulled out of the reel assembly.  you can swap them with each other and see if the problem follows the kicker. when you have it out there are a few things you could do to it. on the front of the unit there should be a round wheel, made of a cork type substance, compare it to the others. you can push up on it and it will reset the mechanical linkage. press down on the second solenoid and it will pull that linkage down, its that action that spins the reel.  reset again, press first solenoid it should send the prongs up to a different height. if all this works , then that's good. sometimes the linkage is gummed up and you don't get the snap action to spin the reels. this will give you a "slow spin" error. the no spin error usually means the machine doesn't see the reel optics change ,so it thinks the reel isn't spinning. the optics are located in the "u " shaped fork on the top of the linkage.  try this and see what you come up with.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »

The M and the M+ used the same type of reel assemblies and reel kickers.  Pictured is a "M" model machine, as STAT said in reply #18  boards are located in the card cage above the reels.       Jim

* DSCF0186.JPG (307.98 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 355 times.)

* DSCF0187.JPG (305.43 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 352 times.)

john041160

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »

Thanks Jim

I pulled the reel assembly out last night and found a bunch of cork under the assembly
I wondered what it was doing there. I'm assuming I need those cork rings on all the
reel kickers?? and where do they belong ?
                                                       Thanks
                                                         John
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 01:25:37 PM »

that's not unusual to see that , unfortunately  that part is no longer made, people have been substituting a metal bearing in its place.  they go on the front of the kicker, its the only part that extends beyond the unit opposite the handle part. its attached with a "C" ring.  you probably have a gray piece of plastic remaining on the stud.  that what's left after the cork falls off. without this the reels cannot reset and spin the reels. 

Jim

john041160

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »

Jim could point me in the right direction to find the
replacement bearings.    Thanks for the help on this.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »

The bearings people were using were from old Bally E-series hoppers.    there size: 1/4"ID X 3/4" OD  and 1/4" wide.

You could contact FOXSSLOTS1, a member on this site, he may have them for sale.

Jim

john041160

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »

I got the bearings from Fox Slots they go on real hard any tricks
to installing them WD 40 ?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »

Throw the bearings in a plastic bag in the freezer.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »

Throw the bearings in a plastic bag in the freezer.

Mark   Freezing or heating the bearing depends on what part of the bearing is fitting tight.   Bearing to housing, freeze the bearing  Bearing to shaft, heat the bearing in a oven, or freeze the shaft.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:03:37 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

I knew it was something like that....lol
Thanks Buzz!
I had to freeze my motor bearings to get them into a housing
on a motorcycle engine I rebuilt once.
john041160

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »

Bearings are on and I am the getting no spin 1.
I moved kicker to second reel to see if problem followed
it did not error is the same no spin 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.