Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Games
| | |-+  super cherry
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: super cherry  (Read 7772 times)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »

ok fitted new battery error 12 gone
reels spin ok apart from reel 4 seems sluggish wondering wether this is because its be sat around for yonks
managed to get it to power up and do a few of the tests still feeling my way around these
but am getting closure error in the display
is this the machine not seeing the door closed and can you just bypass the sensor on the door
i`ve posted a few pics any info on them would be great

* DSC00036.JPG (95.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 344 times.)

* DSC00037.JPG (96.9 KB, 640x480 - viewed 318 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »

more pics

* DSC00039.JPG (62.46 KB, 640x480 - viewed 345 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »

first off  your machine is a M+    if you go to this link  it may answer all your questions on the reel being sluggish.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17261.0

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »

thanks jim
although the reel was sluggish when scrolling through  the payout test  for this i had to have the door open
the machine spun and stopped well
i then put some credits on by pushing the button on the cc and closed the door
the machine then played as expected in fact the reel actions seemed (crisper) wins were credited and i am pleased with it
next is to fill the hopper  at the moment this is set for tokens but would like to use a real coin
so
1/still need to know wether by passing the door opto will clear the closure error
2/can you set the hopper to payout the full jackpot instead of attendant paid
3/how reliable were these machines
4/ nearly forgot the light on top to put back on

i actually bought 3 of these for £40 1 needs a bit of assembling but the other is hopefully the same state as this one they came
complete with stands containing the overflow casbox
 i normally prefer the ball electro mechanical but i must say i am impressed with these so far and i think i will keep one of them
if you would like some pics of the inside i will post a few
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »

ok still getting closure error but when testing inputs and the door is open getting 0 in display when closing door 0 changes to a 1
so guessing the door is being seen as closed is anything else i should be looking for
also coin comparator not regestering coins was set on token so how much thicker or diameter wise can i go tried it with a new 2p and a new 10p(both roughly same size as token) but the coins fall
back into the tray
i can manually regester coins by pressing the button on the cc the machine will play and even payout when cashout button is pressed
so if any body has any suggestions would be most grateful
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »

the cc should accept coin sizes (American Money) 5 cents  through 50 cent piece. don't know how that compares to your coins. the diameter and size are a function of the slot that the sample coin sits in. 

you could shim out the rake (back side of cc)  and see if the coin will be accepted and register a credit, maybe playing a game with the door closed will remove the restart message?

if you can play the machine using the credit button on the coin optics, then your problem has to be in that cc unit. how many wires are going to your plug on the cc?

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »

just a shot in the dark as im selling another bandit to make room for this one in my workshop so i can work on it everyday
but as i have three of these that all needed new batteries i pulled 2 boards from the 2 good machines the 3rd one
will do for spares will the boards be specific to each machine or are they likely to be interchangeable as this board come from the other machine thats in storage

jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »

The only thing needed to switch boards is the proper eprom  so you would need to swap that.  Closure error should clear once the door is close then say restart until you enter a coin.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:41:12 AM by jbshocks » Logged
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:14 AM »

ok its now in the workshop (shed) still got decel on reel 4 but noticed the toothed sprocket on the reel is rubbing against the stop mech
doesn`t seem any adjustment to make the stop cock back further
reel 1 had some bent pins so sorted that !!!!!
i do have some spares so when i get them home i might try replacing the stop mech on reel 4
the cc i have shimmed the rake back and it will accept and register the coins
not really up to scratch with the cc so is it better you think to leave it like so as it will only ever be a home game machine
also the hopper works fine on cash out this is an attendant paid jackpot but i dont know what the jackpot is so can i alter the hopper payout
 at the moment it is set to 400 coins  so is the maximum setting 9999

jbshocks

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »

Swap the entire kicker assembly between reel 4 and one of the others and see if you still have decel trouble.  IF the trouble stays with 4, remove reel 4 of the shaft and lube the needle bearings with light oil.
jbshocks

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »

if in fact the kicker is rubbing and rubs in all locations I would think the rubber pads on the bottom os the kicker are missing or flattened.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 05:14:09 AM »

just for those intrested has been up and running for a week now no problems
still got the rake shimmed back but it registers coins as they go through would like to solve this problem but hey its for home use
still think lot of the problems where due to machine being sat idle for a few years try to play it every day seems to get better and better
looking forward to doing the second one soon

so thanks jb and jim for your help and tilt for the info
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:08:25 PM by mark the spark » Logged
Thompy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »

Hi mate, what other ones have you got? love to see some pics, also is there a reel spin sound?,

Cheers!
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »

hi
all three the same will be posting a video on youtube later will post link here
as a further update read the cc section tried out the tip on there and now the cc is working fine
 Clap
http://youtu.be/p8UA0HDOTaQ  not sure how to link but this is the youtube nlink
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:14:23 PM by mark the spark » Logged
Thompy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »

Great Mark, just watched, love the way the reels stop with that thud, brings back memory's of when a coastal amusements near me removed a lot of there Bally electros and replace with M IGTs many years ago, thanks mate. Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.