Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Games
| | |-+  I got another one. This time an M
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got another one. This time an M  (Read 11131 times)
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« on: April 15, 2012, 02:26:18 AM »

So I picked up another one.  This is an M type.  Boards looked ok the cord was cut off the machine.  I did a little initial clean up and change out the cord.  Powered it on and I was surprised it booted up.  It looks like it sat a bit.  It cycled the seft test, moaned and tilted.  I pulled the reels and noticed one roller suffered the usual crumbling, lucky I had one left from my M+ and in stalled it.  I removed the kickers.  depressed the brake and rolled the motor by hand.  I power cycled and spun but not great.  kept doing this and sometimes it worked some times it didn't.  I loosened the motor and removed the belt and let the motor run on its own.  I let it run a few times to circulated the 25 year old grease in the gear reducer then reinstalled the belt.  The belt got a bit stiff and I think was a little tight.  Now the reset motor and shaft worked perfect.  Next up clean and lube the kicker and reinstall.  A few power cycles and trip the kickers and all looks good.  I put the reels back in and let it self test and the reels spun and tilt.  The M doesn't give you the codes without a jack pot reset key so I guess that I may have a sluggish reel so I removed the reels from the shaft and lubed the needle bearings with a little 3 in 1.  I still had the problem but the reels spun fast so I started to look at kicker wiring and I think I found the problem that sidelined the machine.  The U shaped reel optics have the active components glued in and one of them the glue shrunk and the sensor backed out about 1 mm increasing the air gap.  I pushed it in shut the door and self test passed.  I started playing the machine and coin in handle pull and hopper pay out is working fine.  So far not to bad but all is not exactly right.

The spin button will not spin and the credit button does nothing.   Max bet does nothing either but that may be the result of the credit feature not working.  I rigged some jumpers to jackpot reset to going into programming and if I change a setting it does not stick I also can't change cash credit in options.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

* IMG_1444.JPG (624.13 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 373 times.)
jbshocks

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

It polished up better then I thought.

* IMG_1445.JPG (683.37 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 319 times.)
jbshocks

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »

I fixed the last of the problems other than figuring out programming.  There is a module behind the belly glass that had a loose wire preventing credit mode and the spin buttons.  In some ways the M model is better than the new M+  the M has better music but I think that might be an option.
JOHNNYRES
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

Hi JBSHOCKS,
I just joined and hope you can help me. I apparantly have a IGT M three reel slot like yours. When I put quarters in they are returned. message comes up and says "Tilt Call attendant". Can you please offer help on what is wrong and how to fix?
Thank you very much!!!
John
jbshocks

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »

Is yours an M or M+  can you post a picture with the door closed and open and it will help identify it.  Do the reels attempt to spin at all?  Does the message change when you open and close hte door?
JOHNNYRES

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

It looks exactly like the one posted above that was posted on
 on: April 14, 2012, 09:26:18 PM ยป

Inside it says: IGT Model 1633C  and Program RS644.

I will go check the questions you asked now and get right back to you. Thanks!!!
dsagal79

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

Is yours an M or M+  can you post a picture with the door closed and open and it will help identify it.  Do the reels attempt to spin at all?  Does the message change when you open and close hte door?

I am having the same problem - Tilt Call Attendant.  I don't have a manual and this is the first time I have owned a slot machine.  seemed to work fine at the place I got it. 

Any direction would be great!  Thanks in advance!
dsagal79

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »

My model number is a 1634b I think  (might be 1634c but I am not at home and can't look it up)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »

I fixed the last of the problems other than figuring out programming.  There is a module behind the belly glass that had a loose wire preventing credit mode and the spin buttons.  In some ways the M model is better than the new M+  the M has better music but I think that might be an option.

Hey jb,  Is that the old IGT you picked up from me last year out here in Marine City?

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
jbshocks

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

Gary,

Yes it is.  It cleaned up nicely and runs well.   

dsaqal79,  is the circuit board above the reels (M)  or on the bottom to the side (M+) 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »

Gary,

dsaqal79,  is the circuit board above the reels (M)  or on the bottom to the side (M+) 

That's cool.. I didn't have any idea where to start with it, and had no parts if needed. You putting it in your collection or going to flip it?

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
dsagal79

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

Gary,

There are two boards on the top and the lower one has a white button on it on the right front side of the board.  There is some wiring behind the hopper on the bottom but not really any major circuitry
dsagal79

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

Here is a picture of my machine before I took it home.

* slot_machine.jpg (51 KB, 636x848 - viewed 257 times.)
jbshocks

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »

Gary,

That's cool.. I didn't have any idea where to start with it, and had no parts if needed. You putting it in your collection or going to flip it?

It has been running in my collection for over a year but it may leave.  I really like it but a friend of mine wants it.  At least that way I get to visit.   I like the fact that it is fairly small compared to other modern machines. 
jbshocks

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »

Here is a picture of my machine before I took it home.
Your machine is an M model.   The trouble with the M vs the M+ is that you need a key to switch the codes from "call attendant" to something meaningful.   Did you look in the files section? I think the manual is there.   
dsagal79

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »

I am new to the forum so I am not familiar with where the file section is.  I have looked but haven't been able to find it. 

I do have the keys and have cycled through a few times but nothing meaningful to me without something to translate it.

I did do a self test and everything mechanical appears to be working correctly.  I just can't get it out of the "Tilt Call Attendant" error.
dsagal79

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »

ok, found the file but it is for an M+ and I don't see how to reset or look up the codes for the M series.  Any pointers?
jbshocks

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »

With the door closed turn the reset key clock wise.  What does the message say?  
jbshocks

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »

did you get my email?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.