Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT M Slot Reel Games
| | |-+  Need a little help
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need a little help  (Read 13305 times)
ShadyNova
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:50 AM »

hi guys i need a little help i just got 2 igt m's and they both are saying motor on the lcd display i do not hear the motor spinning up when i turn them on i still need to get the ball bearings for them but in the mean time what can i do to get the motors to spin up?

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »

so im taking it no one else has had this problem before?

Thanks ShadyNova
Styx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »

I don't know what kind of machine you're talking about, but I've never seen "motor" as an error message on a display of any kind.

-Styx
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »

I have no idea, but, if the IGT M slot is an IGT Mechanical Slot, there is a manual in the "File Systems" blue tab on top of all NLG pages, then under "IGT Games", then sub categories  then under "IGT Member Docs & General Docs", and then "IGT Mechanical Slots.pdf".   propeller

There may be other things there that may help.

Good Luck, and let us know.

Richard
ShadyNova

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »

well i dont know if they are an m or m+ they removed all the tags off the machines i will take a pic to so you what im talking about when i get over to them later on tonight

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »

i have the manual and have looked it over it don't say much about the motor

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »

ok i took the pics for you guys to see

* DSCN1461.png (209.69 KB, 300x400 - viewed 267 times.)

* DSCN1462.png (198.32 KB, 300x400 - viewed 246 times.)

Thanks ShadyNova
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »

i have the manual and have looked it over it don't say much about the motor

Does the manual have a list of tilt codes, or a troubleshooting guide? Maybe that specific error has a certain area, board or meaning that the guide can steer you towards?
jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

That is an M.  I have the M and the M+  Do you hear anything at all when it does a self test at power on or when you reset the error?   The motor error is looking for the motor to rotate the rotisserie and have the shutter pass through the optic.  There are 2 reasons this would happen. either the rotisserie is not turning or the optic is not sensing the movement.  That is why I would like to know if you hear anything.  It could be broken belt, seized shaft, broken wire.  Or in the case of my s+ a broken optic. Mine the motor would rotate 2 times and shut off.  It should only do one. 
ShadyNova

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 02:08:09 AM »

the belt is good and no it does not spin at all i have looked over all the wiring and that all looks good as well but with the 2 that i have and they both dont spin up i think is not right

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »

take out the kickers and the reels and leave in just the motor and cam assembly and retry it.  If the rollers on the kickers are bad they could prevent it from rotating.  You can also remove the cage and motor and press the brake on the side of the motor and try to rotate the motor by hand and see if it is seized.  If motor is free I would hook up a volt meter and see what happens.  Have you checked all fuses? 
ShadyNova

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »

the motor is free and every thing spins when i take off the break ad for fuses i only know of 2 that are right by the on off switch do it have more then just the 2?

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »

You need to be checking for voltage at the motor. 
ShadyNova

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »

ok so i got one to start up not i need to get the ball bearings for it and they will be here tomorrow but the one that is in the pics is not spinning up i did take the reels unit out and put it in the other one that is working and it works in that one so im thinking power is not getting to the the motor but all wires look good

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:20 PM »

What you could do is swap main board to determine if the problem is in the harness or the main board.   On my M+ I used the bearings.  I thought they were a little pricey for what was needed so on my M I just got plastic rollers approximately the same size from the hardware that worked fine.
ShadyNova

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »

ok i canged out the mobo's and still dont spin up so that is something else

now the other one i got the ball bearings installed and its sipns the motor up but still gives the error motor should the reels spin as well?

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »

Take the reels out and put the cage with motor and the kickers back in.  This way you can see through the window what is happening.  There is a shutter on the belt pulley that runs through the optic.  With the reels out you can watch this.  The motor should spin over one time and come to a stop with the shutter stopping in the optic.  If the optic or brake are not working you will get the error.  If the brake is not working the motor will spin 1 time and slide past the optic.  If the optic is not working the motor will spin over 2 revolutions.  If you put the cage from the other machine in do you also get the motor error even though it is spinning? 

To take the reels out remove all 3 kickers, un do the shaft retainers and remove all 3 reels together.  Then re install the kickers. 

Something else to consider.   The back plain sits very close to the bottom of the machine and coins can easily get under it and short the board out.  Take out the main board and back plain and look for coins and damage to the board from coins. 
ShadyNova

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

it does spin up and go around one time it stops on the optic and both machines the main boards are on the top so coins cant to to them i will take a pic to show you later on today

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »

That is right you have an M not an M+ 
jbshocks

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »

I am a bit at a loss if both motor assemblies are working the same and still giving you the motor error. Clean the optic,  is belt tight?  Take a picture of where the shutter is stopping in the optic.  If you could do a short video if the motor turning and stopping that may help as well. 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »

you have a M Slot machine.  If you have the service book for this machine it will list all the diagnostic tests that you can run. You can test each function of each aspect of the the reel mech. You can fire the two coils on the kicker assembly, check the optic in the kicker, and check the operation of the motor and its optic. 

you enter the tests using the buttons on the panel where the power on/off switch is located.  I would also test your door optics, these machines operate the same as the M+,S,And S+,  if you close your door and nothing changes ( tilt codes don't go away)  then it could be bad door optics and the motor failure won't be reset, so it stays on the screen, even though the unit is good???

Jim

P.S.  I have a complete reel mech. that I want to get rid of.   its a four reel assembly.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jbshocks

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »

Good catch on the door optic. I had not even thought about that.  Are you even shutting the door?  I created a fault on my M and power cycled.  The motor spins one time and it reports the fault even though it is fixed.  Soon as I close the door optic it does a self test and clears.
ShadyNova

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »

yeah i did forget about the door so i got that one working good now

as for the other one its needs some things like a optic for the motor and some other stuff for the reels and i need to find out why its not getting power to the motor so i hope to get to that next week 

but thanks for your help guys and i will post when i get more info on that other one

Thanks ShadyNova
jbshocks

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »

How do you know the optic is bad?  I thought you had swapped the cages?  If the optic is broke I had one like that and carefully super glued it as I did not fine a source for a new one. 
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »

I believe I used an S-Plus hopper optic on one of these in the past.

Thanks,
Wayne

* DSC01393crop.JPG (599.47 KB, 1502x1921 - viewed 262 times.)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.