Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  A few question about my bally 2241-55
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few question about my bally 2241-55  (Read 2196 times)
zachery
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 02, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »

hello  i have a few question that someone on here should know the answers. i recently got my 1985 bally 2241-55 4 reel slot machine running after replacing dead battery and replacing both 5101's on mpu board. now this caused a reset of all the meters. the bally service manual (which is not the original because i purchased at an auction) says what meters 1,2,3,4, are but does not say what meters 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15 are. since the reset i have figured out meters # 11,12,13,14,15 as th # of coins played meters. #1 is coins in. #2 is coins out.  3 is cashbox. #4is handle pulls. #5 i think is jackpot 7777 but i'm not certain because i haven't had a jackpot yet since the reset. so if any one knows what meters #5,6,7,8,9,10 are i would appreciate it. 

ok that was the first question.  the second one is does anyone know why my machine displays different codes than all the bally manuals have.  for example my door open code is 71. my hopper jam code is 59, my coin in jam code is 90. i only know these code because they recently happened and i made note. i searched for alternate malfunction code lists and found no mention.  if anyone know please reply  thanks   zachery

* DSC03080.JPG (144.52 KB, 640x480 - viewed 212 times.)
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »

hello  i have a few question that someone on here should know the answers. i recently got my 1985 bally 2241-55 4 reel slot machine running after replacing dead battery and replacing both 5101's on mpu board. now this caused a reset of all the meters. the bally service manual (which is not the original because i purchased at an auction) says what meters 1,2,3,4, are but does not say what meters 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15 are. since the reset i have figured out meters # 11,12,13,14,15 as th # of coins played meters. #1 is coins in. #2 is coins out.  3 is cashbox. #4is handle pulls. #5 i think is jackpot 7777 but i'm not certain because i haven't had a jackpot yet since the reset. so if any one knows what meters #5,6,7,8,9,10 are i would appreciate it. 

ok that was the first question.  the second one is does anyone know why my machine displays different codes than all the bally manuals have.  for example my door open code is 71. my hopper jam code is 59, my coin in jam code is 90. i only know these code because they recently happened and i made note. i searched for alternate malfunction code lists and found no mention.  if anyone know please reply  thanks   zachery

Can you tell us what the chip numbers are form M1 thru M3?.

As far as I can recall the version number should be 5.65 for an E2000 and a door open code or 71000 is one that would be used
by the chips that contain SDS codes so a 71000 would be the same as 50000

M1 thru M3 with non SDS would be numbered E-755-46, E-755-47 and E755-48, though I have seen M3 with chips E-755-133

M1 thru M3 *with* SDS are numbered E-755-49, E-755-50 and E-755-51

zachery

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:16:54 AM »

i checked the labels  on the m1 thru m3 chips and someone before me had put scotch tape on the them and now they are not legible. one label is missing all together. i think this machine may have been repaired. and it has parts from other machines. it may not be the original mpu board.  i got this machine at a large arcade auction. i think i must have the sds version you mentioned. what exactly does sds stand for and is there a list of codes for this version?
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:07:19 AM »

i checked the labels  on the m1 thru m3 chips and someone before me had put scotch tape on the them and now they are not legible. one label is missing all together. i think this machine may have been repaired. and it has parts from other machines. it may not be the original mpu board.  i got this machine at a large arcade auction. i think i must have the sds version you mentioned. what exactly does sds stand for and is there a list of codes for this version?

It could be a mixture of this and that, SDS is a monitoring system that Bally used to monitor a slew of slot machines on the floor. I am not aware of any listings of those codes being available.

I could probably dig up some binaries and make the non SDS chips if I had 3 good 2716 EPROMS.

I am also curious about this machine, after looking at the roms database that I created, every E2241 that I see
listed is a 3 reel machine. I don't have this 2241-55 listed so perhaps it is an odd ball.

You can look at the database is you wish at http://coinslots.com/roms.php

the website belongs to another member of this forum

zachery

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »

ya i've never seen another like it except for the other two next to it when i bought it. they looked the same . but that was 20 years ago. there was a legible sticker on the personality prom  it read " 4 reel bar    3656    p1"  .  if you or anyone would like any info or pics of  this machine for their database just let me know.  thanks for input on sds. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.