Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E2000 - error 71
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E2000 - error 71  (Read 5216 times)
Zirlong
« on: March 07, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »

Hi,
After repairing my Jennings machine thanks to Op-Bell, I submit you now the case of my Bally E2000. I bought this machine “as is” a few months ago.
The machine displays a permanent error code “71 .0.00”. TILT and lights are flashing as soon as I put a coin in. I thought that this error was easy to fix but I overestimated my skills.

I have checked the 1st reel and swapped the left reader with the right one but that didn’t change anything.

Additional information:
Test 5 gives 1.2.2.1. . . (depends from the symbols)
Test 8 gives 8.0. .0.0.0.

In addition, I burnt the coin comparitor when trying to look for the problem. I would like to know if I could replace it by a more recent one: CC-16E model or another one?

Thanks for your assistance.

Bruno
Zirlong
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »

Herewith some pictures.

* Bally_E2000_1.JPG (178.3 KB, 640x480 - viewed 336 times.)

* Bally_E2000_2.JPG (194.03 KB, 640x480 - viewed 285 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »

The 71 just indicates the door was opened last.   since the 5 test is working -  try doing a 2 test - see if the meter increments for each device activated.  if they do - go back to the 8 test (80 000) - try using the coin switch on the door - see if the machine coins up - coin accepted light comes on - handle pulls.
as for the coin comparitor - cc10 will work in the e-series - or just replace with a imonex.

Zirlong
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
In test mode 2, the meter increments normally, but I am not sure that the reel motor is activated.
In test mode 8, after using the coin switch, I can pull the handle but the reels don’t spin and the handle remains down. 
Some advice for testing the reel motor could help me. Thanks
Bruno
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:04:58 AM »

this model should not have a motorized reel mech.  you say you can pull the handle but the reels don't spin and the handle is stuck?  That part of the problem sounds like lubrication and/or a stuck reel piston.  To free the handle - spray some wd40 or lubricant into the piston and push hard on the U shaped projection to return the handle.  Going back to the 2 test - you should have heard the reel mechanism reels lock - again - there shouldn't be a motor on this machine.
Zirlong
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »

You are right, no reel motor on this machine. I was certainly too tired yesterday for doing this assumption. For the stuck handle, the problem came actually from the piston. I used a lubricant and now the reels spin well. Thanks.
I still have the error code 71. As you mentioned earlier, this indicates the door was opened last but how to do a reset?
Bruno
Zirlong
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »

I bought a new coin comparitor (Imonex) and now the error code 71 disappears when I close the door, put coins in the machine and pull the handle.

Nevertheless, I have a last problem with the hopper. It turns, deliver a few coins and stops before the end. I must do a reset several times for getting for instance 20 coins. The hopper is not empty, so I don’t understand exactly where the problem comes from. The motor should turn until the count is complete.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »

are you getting an error code when it tilts?  try running the 4 test and watch the hopper to see what it is doing during payout.
Zirlong
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

I have got a code 54 when it tilts.
For the 4 test, it pays most of the times 10 coins but sometimes it goes to error 54 directly or after paying a few coins.
Bruno
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »

your coin switch is either bad - or needs to be adjusted - there should be an adjustment screw at the back of the roller arm that makes contact with the blade of the coin switch.
Zirlong
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »

I tried during the last days to fix the hopper but I didn’t really succeed.

I got an error 54 in two different situations:
1) when a coin is missing on the disc. Maybe not enough coins in the hopper but is it normal that it stops immediately when it detects no coins ? I have also a Jennings and the disc turns at least 2 or 3 times before stopping when there is no coins.
2) when a coin remains jammed on the disc (see picture).

Thank you for your assistance.

Bruno

* IMG_0010.JPG (193.86 KB, 640x480 - viewed 332 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »

the coin that is causing the jam is the bottom coin in your picture - check and see what that coin is hitting- there is a metal plate that has a projection that faces the roller - the coin is supposed to ride up over that projection and exit the hopper.  easiest way to check is to take most of the coins out and turn the hopper wheel by hand - you will have to locate the brake on the motor and hold that in so you can turn the hopper.  or you can make up a wire harness using an old electrical cord - put alligator clips on the white and black leads - attach them to the motor and plug into a 110 source (recommend surge strip so you can turn on/off). Also unplug the harness to the control board.   Start the hopper with no coins - add a coin or 2 and see what the coin is jamming on. 
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 06:10:50 AM »

Hi Bruno,

I'm thinking about your coin-out error, when it tilts halfway through a pay out-

I'm sure Barry would agree that normally several seconds will pass before the machine senses the coins are not coming out.  I suspect you could have the coin switch connected backwards, the N/O and N/C connections got swapped.  Look and see where your wires go.  Check the timing of your switch arm too.  The microswitch should give you a little "click" just as the roller passes over the coin.  You may need to adjust your stop screw.  Your hopper looks a bit rusty so make sure the switch arm roller turns freely too. 

Mark

* hopper.jpg (65.12 KB, 800x712 - viewed 260 times.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:30:30 AM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
Zirlong
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »

Hi  Mark,

You were right. I had a bad connection on the coin switch. Now the machine works perfect and the hopper doesn't stop even if sometimes I have a missing coin on the disc. Thanks a lot.

Many thanks to Barry as well for his assistance since the beginning.

Hail   Hail  Hail  Hail

Bruno
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.