Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 1091: 3 Coin Quarter Slot from the 70's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1091: 3 Coin Quarter Slot from the 70's  (Read 11668 times)
sparkyslots
« on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

Hello,

I have a Bally 1091 Quarter Slot - 3 Coin from the 70's ( electromechanical ). It has a pay out problem, when it land on three oranges it won't pay out, seems as though the play reels are off. Does anyone know how to setup the reels? Thanks to all in advance Scratch Head
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »

what makes you feel the reel strips are not lined up?  was the machine working and you adjusted the strips?  have you checked the hopper to see if it has reset - that is not jammed?
sparkyslots
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 01:49:03 AM »

I got the machine from a friend of mine, when I got it the machine was completely dead. I got everything working took a lot of time, the problem however is when the machine lands on bells oranges, or limes it doesn't pay out.
It will pay out on plums, & 7's only so it makes me think that the strips are wrong or the wheels are out of sync.

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »

not the strips else all the payouts would be weird - your problem is the orange circuit - look at the hopper first - is the orange payout 10?  then look at the wiper on the hopper for the 10 pay - dirty circuit board - broken wire?   next check the reel mechanism - may have a relay for 10l/20 pay that maybe dirty (not sure what 1091 you have so this may not be relevant)).

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:06:14 AM »

MODERATOR NOTE: Thread moved to the Bally Electromechanical board.  SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
sparkyslots
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

Here's what it looks like, I also checked the hopper seems ok however the orange circuit still tracing out.

* DSCF0951.JPG (274.99 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 453 times.)

* DSCF0953.JPG (349.25 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 711 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »

there may be a 10/20 circuit on the reel mech - usually attached to the right most reel wiper board - used to pay multiple lines.  If you are not getting the 10 payout on ANY LINE - then it is most likely the payout unit - mounted to the right of the hopper.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »

I don't see any wiper boards, relays or hopper disk in there - that looks like an E series. Problem may be dead or dirty Optos on the reel sensors.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

the machine is not an e-series - it is an E/M.   
sparkyslots
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »

Thanks for the update well as I was messing around I know have another problem. The coil for the handle release stopped working for some reason, when I read it with a volt meter I read 40VAC seems as though something won't let it pull in properly.
The coil I'm talking about is the one on the right side just behind the pull arm which when is working will sound the bell every time a quarter is dropped in and engage the handle release. If it isn't one thing it's another, any Ideas? I was thinking this might be caused by the door switch which I'm thinking about jumping out just to make things a little easier.

* problem_coil.gif.jpg (133.79 KB, 806x705 - viewed 480 times.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:52:34 PM by sparkyslots » Logged
sparkyslots
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

Would anybody have a schematic for this type of a slot, that I could get copy of? Scratch Head

Thanks again to all, specially FOXSSLOTS1 for all the help !
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »

I should - I will check and get back to you tomorrow (THURS)
sparkyslots
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »

Well I found it problem solved!

Seems as though the problem with the payout and the handle release coil were one in the same some how.

See on the right side of the wheel assembly there is a white looking tube which acts as an air cylinder in a sense. The cylinder wouldn’t come back in all the way causing a set of contacts to remain open. This was just the luck of the draw I guess when I found it. When I took the thing apart there was some kind of aged packing inside or just really old grease from the past.

While it was a part I cleaned up the tube and added a really light coat of cup grease to help it along. Then low and be hold the thing works like brand new and even the payout is correct. Must be some part of the circuit all tied in. Well either way just happy to see it working.

Thanks again to all.  See pictures will explain it better I think.

applause

* DSCF0961.JPG (185.23 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 450 times.)

* DSCF0963.JPG (185.26 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 472 times.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:42:57 PM by sparkyslots » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.