Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CEI Video Poker Games.
| | |-+  CEI video poker "Low Battery" error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEI video poker "Low Battery" error  (Read 6534 times)
slotsavegas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 02, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »

This is on a CEI Model 327-510 Serial # M3372.

I am getting a "Battery Failure  Replace Battery" message displayed on monitor when I turn on the game.

Can someone tell me where this battery is located ?
What battery is needed to replace it ?
And how do I go about replacing it ?

I have NO training in electronics so be as specific as you can.

Thanks,

Barry  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:11:33 PM by slotsavegas » Logged
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

I am sure someone will jump in that has a poker machine.  I have a CEI slot which may be similar or completely different.  On the slot the battery is on the main board.  It is a special battery that has a built in IC and the entire assembly pushes down onto an IC socket.  You have to carefully cut away the battery and solder leads to the 2 legs on the ic.  I put in an inline connector and zip tied the wires through a hole in the board.  This was done to help prevent stress on the legs of the IC.  The battery is in a battery holder velcroed to the main board tray.   Yours may be completely different but I would expect there are similarities with the CEI machines.

* IMG_1257.JPG (430.75 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 466 times.)
slotsavegas

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »

Thanks, Jbshocks.

I was able to remove the board and locate the battery. It was not connected to any IC but soldered directly to the motherboard. I am not much good at soldering, but was able to cut the old battery off and by leaving enough of the old battery wire leads connected to the board I was able to get the new battery installed.

System is up and working again.... BUT (ain't there always a but ?) The fan motor is making a lot of noise. I did blow the dust and cobwebs out of it, but I think it
will need to be replaced.

Do you or someone else know what kind of motor it is, and where I might be able to buy one ?

Once again thanks for helping out a very novice player.
jbshocks

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »

yours may be different then my fan but mine looks like any old pc case fan though I have not looked at the voltage it is running.  On a pc fan you can sometimes peel the sticker back on the motor and put a drop of oil on the shaft.  I use rc car motor oil.  Otherwise you will need to check the voltage on the fan to get a proper replacement.
slotsavegas

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »

Kudos again.

I was able to remove the fan. As you suggested the label was fairly easy to pull loose. I found a rubber plug in the back and put a small amount
of silicon lubricant in the fan bearing area. Runs smooth and quite.

Thanks much for all your help. 
jbshocks

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »

I am glad it worked.  Sometimes this will work a long time sometimes not.  It depends how long it ran dry.  If the noise comes back it is time to look for a fan.
slotsavegas

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

Perhaps you can help again...
I let my son take it home today. He loaded in in his pickup on its back and drove it a few miles.
When he got home he attmpted to insert a quarter and got a coin in error.
after he found the coin in mechanisim loose he removed the stuck quarter and reinstalled the coin mechanisim.
The monitor told him to press a button (not sure which) to clear the coin in error.
He pressed the wrong button and is now stuck in "Test Mode"
We do not know how to clear this to return to game play mode.
Can you help ???
I will attempt to load a picture in the hopes that it will help

P.S. Does anyone have a manual for this game that I can download ?

* photo.JPG (1203.56 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 463 times.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:11:39 PM by slotsavegas » Logged
slotsavegas

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »

Was able to find the solution from an earlier posting. Pressing the discard buttons 1,2, and 3 at the same time returned the game to normal play.

Now he tells me each time he inserts a quarter, it drops through to the outside tray and does not credit the game or go into the hopper.

Any ideas on what to check. It is a 25C mechanical coin mechanisim and does not have a place to insert a comparison coin.

Still looking for a manual if anyone has one.

Thanks, 
JDW123

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 05:13:08 PM »

in the test mode if yoou press the deal draw or the cash out button, or one of those it does voodoo to the comparitor. for testing. put it back in test and press one of them until the light on the comparitor goes out "I think". been a while since I worked on a cei that takes coins

Oh Wait... Hell I'm not sure if that applies to that mechanism or not. I know it does to the cc40...

12 years in the Slot Route industry..... I know I need a life.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.