Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  CEI Video Poker Games.
| | |-+  CEI draw poker believe 904 display lights up but nothing else
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEI draw poker believe 904 display lights up but nothing else  (Read 3103 times)
toro79
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 28, 2013, 01:46:19 AM »

I just recently picked up a cei draw poker machine and it worked when i first turned it on six month ago( before i bought it)  now it powers on and the screen lights up but it does noting other than very lightly display self test mode the buttons do light and make noise when pressed. any help would be apreciated i am very new to this and this is my first machachine. hissy fit hissy fit

Dave
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:02 AM »

Hi Toro79!
Welcome!  NLG Welcome  wave

The first thing you should do is open up the machine and make sure all the boards are seated correctly and make sure none of the wiring harnesses have jarred loose during transport.
While you are looking around, make sure there are no loose coins laying inside the cabinet.

Please Post Pictures
It is also very helpful to us if you can post pictures of what you are seeing.
Take pictures of the entire machine, inside and out so we have a better idea of what we are dealing with.

The more details you provide, the easier it will be for us to help you.
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:01:16 AM »

I have ran into this problem on many of the older CEI boards. First step is to remove each socketed chip and clean the legs with a pencil eraser or a small brass brush.
While the chips are out spray every socket with some non-conductive contact cleaner, brush contacts with a small nylon brush while wet.

If that doesn't work replace every IC socket on the board. I have had to replace all sockets on at least 5 904 boards in the past year just to get the game up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.