Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  CDS Reel Games
| | |-+  CDS 320 Reverse Coin Error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CDS 320 Reverse Coin Error  (Read 5007 times)
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

Hello all,
I have a CDS 5 times fruit machine that has been working fine.
after being on for about 15 minutes, The machine clicks a couple of times,
The siren, Warning sound goes off and The error comes up in the led display
"E47-Reverse Coin Error Call Attendant"
I can turn the jackpot key, And the machine will reset itself, Reels spin,
And the machine plays fine again for a while.

Any ideas what would be causing this, Or what to look for?
Thanks everyone,
Jim.

* cds error.jpg (111.74 KB, 480x640 - viewed 365 times.)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »

Turn the coin around in the coin comparitor!! Duh!!   arrow   bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing  Only kidding, of course!

But we had that problem on a CDS machine before and it seems like it was caused by the coin taking to long to get to the optics, if i remember correctly, its been awhile. In our case, it was the comparitor and optics for were not in alignment. I believe the comparitor was popped out just a tad. Hope this helps...if you happen to need new optics or anything else, I have a WTS ad in the classifieds right now for CDS parts, but the offer expires Monday morning.

-Roslyn  propeller

Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

You can also try removing the counter weight on the coin comparitor and see if that helps...It allow the coin to drop faster and it my have be set up for a different coin...Also check like CVslots said the alignment of the coin optics making sure the coin completely covers the optic holes...
Jimmy
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »

Intersting coincidence.
My CDS video UV1910 Reel Deal video poker machine does the same thing once in a while. When the machine is idle with no coins being inserted the "Reverse Coin Error" will just pop up. My machine has no machine optics, it uses a CC-46 to count the coins. The problem is easy to reset with key so I never have really investigated it.
Believe either the CC-46 has dirty optics or there is some sort of intermitent short/leak on the board in the machine.
I'm going to take a Q-tip and wipe the optics in the CC-46 and see if this solves my problem. (Note: Don't use solvents when cleaning optics)
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »

I just finished cleaning the optics on the CC-46. They didn't look that bad but had a little dust on them. Also, the inside bottom of the CC-46 was very dusty so I cleaned that too.
If you have a CC-46 and want to clean the optics, here is what I did;

On the back of the CC-46 I unscrewed the black optic box at the bottom. Be careful as underneath just above the screw is a small pin that can fall out. Don't lose the pin. (See pics)
I wiped the optics with a damp Q-tip and then a dry Q-tip.
Then I took off the front cover of the comparitor. It snaps in at the side corners. Pulled the board out to see the other half of the optics and wiped them off too. And then cleaned the bottom of the comparitor since that's where the optics sit. Also blew off any dust on the comparitor board.

I have my machine on and will see if I still get the error. Need to leave it all day to be sure if problem is solved since the error was intermintent.

* pin removed.JPG (24.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 321 times.)

* pin in hole.JPG (22.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 306 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:24:41 PM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »

Pics of optics

* MVC-017S.JPG (41.76 KB, 640x480 - viewed 296 times.)

* MVC-020S.JPG (43.66 KB, 640x480 - viewed 367 times.)
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »

Hello all,
Thank you all for the suggestions!
I was also thinking it could be the CC (MC-40 in my machine)
I pulled it out and it was a little dusty as well, So I also took it apart and cleaned it.
Thank you for the pics uniman!
I just installed it back in the machine, I will also let it run today, And see what happens !

Jim.
I just finished cleaning the optics on the CC-46. They didn't look that bad but had a little dust on them. Also, the inside bottom of the CC-46 was very dusty so I cleaned that too.

On the back of the CC-46 I unscrewed the black optic box at the bottom. Be careful as underneath just above the screw is a small pin that can fall out. Don't lose the pin. (See pics)
Then I took off the front cover of the comparator. It snaps in at the side corners. Pulled the board out to see the other half of the optics and wiped them off too. And then cleaned the bottom of the comparator since that's where the optics sit. Also blew off any dust on the comparator board.

I have my machine on and will see if I still get the error. Need to leave it all day to be sure if problem is solved since the error was intermintent.

And CV slots, Per your suggestion, I did turn the coin around in the comparaitor  Tongue Out
That could be what "turns" this problem around for me  rotflmao
Thanks again everyone,
Turn the coin around in the coin comparitor!! Duh!!   arrow   bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing  Only kidding, of course!

But we had that problem on a CDS machine before and it seems like it was caused by the coin taking to long to get to the optics, if i remember correctly, its been awhile. In our case, it was the comparitor and optics for were not in alignment. I believe the comparitor was popped out just a tad. Hope this helps...if you happen to need new optics or anything else, I have a WTS ad in the classifieds right now for CDS parts, but the offer expires Monday morning.

-Roslyn  propeller
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »

Just an update on my machine,
It has been on all day, And zero problems! Cleaning it out seemed to do the trick  applause
Thanks to everyone for the help. K+  yes
And uniman, Good luck with yours. Hopefully cleaning yours will take care of the problem as well.
Jim.
Hello all,
Thank you all for the suggestions!
I was also thinking it could be the CC (MC-40 in my machine)
I pulled it out and it was a little dusty as well, So I also took it apart and cleaned it.
Thank you for the pics uniman!
I just installed it back in the machine, I will also let it run today, And see what happens !

Jim.

Then I took off the front cover of the comparator. It snaps in at the side corners. Pulled the board out to see the other half of the optics and wiped them off too. And then cleaned the bottom of the comparator since that's where the optics sit. Also blew off any dust on the comparator board.

And CV slots, Per your suggestion, I did turn the coin around in the comparaitor  Tongue Out
That could be what "turns" this problem around for me  rotflmao
Thanks again everyone,

-Roslyn  propeller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.