Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DMV-145 in a Sigma SG-32B - Gives "No V" error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DMV-145 in a Sigma SG-32B - Gives "No V" error  (Read 2463 times)
wrkey
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« on: July 23, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »

Greetings all,

Trying to figure my new toys out.   I have a 1992 Sigma Time To Win SG-32B quarter slot.  Everything seems to be working well with the exception of the Bill Validator.  It has an JCM DMV-145 in it that was there when I got the machine.  Originally the validator was turned off in the slot configuration.  I have figured out how to turn it on while in 'set up' mode.

When I turn it on... I can hear the motors moving.  The stacker can is inside the machine and all the wires are conencted to the validator.  After I exit set up mode, I immediately get an error message on the slot display that says 'Bill Validator - No V'.

Anyone know what this is?   I'm guessing is telling me there is 'No Voltage' or 'No Validator'.   But I have no idea!  Any help would be appreciated!

I recently acquired a manual for the SG-32... but it doesn't say much about the validator or error codes for it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rusty
wrkey
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »

Update... I have another validator (complete unit) that I tried in the same slot.   Same error.  So... either they both have the same problem... or there is another issue.

Still need advice.

Rusty
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »

I can't really help too much since I know nothing about that machine. However someone recently had a sort of rare problem where the cash can housing optics had gone bad. So one thing you can try is after the the unit finishes cycling, pull the can out as see if the unit cycles (it should). If it doesn't the optics may be bad. This is assuming your unit uses optics. But also look for any switches on the cash can door or even in the back of the cash can housing.

BTW, posting pictures always helps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.