Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Odyssey Video Games.
| | |-+  Odyssey Boot Error 102
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odyssey Boot Error 102  (Read 3043 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 19, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »

bob2074

Odyssey boot error 102
« on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my wife insisted I buy a 6 game Odyssey recently....We knew it was not in full working order, however, she couldn't resist since their so hard to find, especially at the price we paid.  So we get it home and eagerly plug it in, (hoping/praying that it was a power supply issue, since that seems to be a pretty common problem)...it powers up, the little black and white logo comes on the monitor and then it goes to a 102 error code   .  A 102 error is grouped with errors 0100-0109 in the machine codes, for all of which there is one general fix: Replace the OS-ROM on the peripherial memory board, and if it happens again, replace the peripherial memory board or the motherboard. 

Anyone encountered any of the 10 series boot errors?  With the lack of availability parts for these monsters, and the price tags of the boards, I am searching for more clues as to what may be the problem.  ANY info is appreciated. 

tacman

Re: Odyssey boot error 102
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know anything about the platform, I'm sure other members will chime in but there was a complete Odyssey parts kit on Fleabay for about $599. Hope you get assistance to fix your problem! Also I have listed a link below to an Odyssey site, from prior posts on this forum Robert Winter is supposed to be the Odyssey guru.

http://www.robertwinter.com/slot/odyssey/index.html

Dan (tacman)

channelmaniac

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »   

Nice site

He has the OS ROM files on the site here:

http://www.robertwinter.com/slot/odyssey/tech_roms.htm

Download the right one, unzip it, and compare checksums of the ROM files to the ROMs on your board. Replace any ROMs that don't match.

(You do have an EPROM programmer, don't you)   

DJH

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »   

102 is a not enough memory issue (SIMMS) , usually just a lose one and that will short the amount of memory for the system, and 90% of the time just turning the jackpot reset key gets you past the 102 error and the game will boot.

Most folks don't know that doing that will clear a 102 error.

Hope that helps.  Also if you get to where you are at the issue is not eproms problems.

bob2074

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:49:56 PM »   

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!  DJH - you are the man!!!  After a couple of reboots, it's up and now is in a Trivia Mode, and a Out of Service message is along the bottom.  I seen something somewhere about clearing that, I think it was here.  So far, so good!!!

DJH - Thanks a MILLION for your wonderful insight!!

DJH

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »   

Quote from: bob2074 on May 18, 2008, 09:49:56 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!  DJH - you are the man!!!  After a couple of reboots, it's up and now is in a Trivia Mode, and a Out of Service message is along the bottom.  I seen something somewhere about clearing that, I think it was here.  So far, so good!!!

DJH - Thanks a MILLION for your wonderful insight!!
The trivia usually mean a tilt or it really was put out of service.  If a tilt it will show on the top or bottom of what the issue is.

Go into MMS (turn the jackpot reset Key) and put the game in service, I think the blue or yellow button is for that - look at the bottom (one is for screen cal the other is for out of service / in service)

bob2074

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »   

Ok, so I'm fighting with this machine.... I cannot get it to go back into service!!!!   After I "Put game back in service", do i turn the jackpot reset key or reset the machine via the reset button???   

DJH

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »   

If it is going out of service then there is a tilt which will appear on the top of the screen after you turn the jackpot reset or even just open the door.   I think there is a spot that says clear tilit and when it tilts again it should show it on the bottom then show out of service.

I forget as it's not in front of me.

bob2074

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »   

Got it working 100%, DBV and all.    Had to resort to a RAM clear, but all is fine and working great.  Thanks all (especially you, DJH) for your help!   

DJH

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:19 PM »   

No problem

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.