Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Creased Reel Strips
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creased Reel Strips  (Read 3106 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 24, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »

tacman

Creased Reel Strips
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I know this was touched on another thread but I wanted to rehash this for other member's benefit. I had a set of reel strips for an IGT S2000 Titanic that 2 were badly creased and the other slightly creased. Members had talkedd about possibly using an iron on a flat glass surface. Well, Dan from Dan's Games had found out that Kinko's has a lamination machine with heated rollers and had put a set of S+ strips through and it worked pretty well. Today I finally took my lazy butt over and had them run the Titanic strips though and they came out really good    one still has the line slightly visible where it was creased but will not cause a problem on the reel. Here's the good part, they didn't want to charge me   cause I didn't buy any of their lamination! I gave the kid a $5 for lunch and left a very happy camper     Just make sure they put the strips in the protective folders, you will have to use 2 since they are 11X17 and I had them set the heat a little more than halfway. Now here's the thing Dan's S+ and my Titanic strips were not backlit, so different settings may be needed on the heat or maybe run through twice. Hope this helps and don't forget this originally came from Dan's Games for kudos.

Dan (tacman)

uniman

Re: Creased Reel Strips
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Dan & Dan's Games!! 
There is a laminating machine at my work, sounds like I need to stay over and get some extra work done.   

Brianzz

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »     

I've smoothed out some reel strips before using my home laminator and some manilla folders. I don't remember where I got it but it was less than $50. I'm sure it came from one of the marts, depots, max, staples, something or another stores. It has continous rolling action (I guess you would call it, the rollers run all the time) I think it's a scotch brand.

It has 2 heat settings on it and I put it on the lowest and ran them through twice. It also seemed to help where the I guess laminate on the reel strips was letting go and starting to have little bubbles, it sealed those right back up.

StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »     

K+ Tacman for the post. I guess that discussion must have been during my

I have a laminator with continuous rollers that I bought from Costco over a decade ago. It has only one heat setting (low) and laminates the plastic directly without any cardboard.

Has anyone tried this with my type of laminator? (no cardboard req'd)
I have a few strips I'd like to try this on.

Brianzz

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »     

That's how mine works, no sleeve required, I was kinda worried about sending a reel strip alone through, so I put mine in one of those dime store file folders.

StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »     

Quote from: Brianzz on February 13, 2008, 06:28:40 PM
That's how mine works, no sleeve required, I was kinda worried about sending a reel strip alone through, so I put mine in one of those dime store file folders.

I'll try that first. It's just that mine doesn't put out enough heat to work normally through the cardboard/paper. Of course, if nothing happens I can try it with nothing. I'll find a set of strips that aren't too critical to me.

dansgames

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »     

Tacman,
 I Tried a set of backlit today  at the same heat setting with no problems, they look great . I have found on badly creased strips that you may need to run them through twice. Don't wait for them to cool down before the 2nd trip through. Make sure you use the folders provided as tacman mentioned above

dansgames

CaptainHappy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 01:15:50 AM »     

Quote from: StatFreak on February 13, 2008, 07:25:38 PM
Quote from: Brianzz on February 13, 2008, 06:28:40 PM

I'll try that first. It's just that mine doesn't put out enough heat to work normally through the cardboard/paper. Of course, if nothing happens I can try it with nothing. I'll find a set of strips that aren't too critical to me.

SF,

Everyone else seemed to have luck, what happened to yours??? If yours didn't burn     Maybe you can do mine??? HA HA HA

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.