Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  "Please Close Main Door" signal will not clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Please Close Main Door" signal will not clear  (Read 7401 times)
Jayman7257
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »

I have 4 IGT S2000 (502) processor boards with this same symptom. When you boot up the processor will come up with the first ram error and after you hold the test switch for the three seconds the "Please Close Main Door" tilt comes up and will not clear. Does anyone know what component on the processor is causing this issue or is their no way to repair? Thank you very much, Jay
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »

Make shur when you close the main door your open close leaver is all the way down. On that open close leaver is a set of I/R sensors one on the slide and one on the door check to make sure when the open close leaver is close that the sensors line up.

The other switch that can cause this error code is the white switch in the main cabinet the one one that closes when the door closes.

Not that I have Been doing this long but these would be the first things I would check.

Let us know what fixes this.

Blake
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

This is also a sign that the green battery or main battery (yellow band) is failing.  Permenately remove the green battery, you don't need it.  Test voltage on the main battery and/or replace it.  Do a full clear with a 097, do the full clear 3 times, and then go through the normal start up and key 17 set up.  Should work fine after that.

A good way to test to see if this is your problem is to put in a known working board....if you don't get the Main Door errors, then you know this is your problem.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »

Another note...typically when you get the "Main Door error" it is referring to your belly glass door.  Open the door and check the switch, it could be bad.  My advice is to cut the 2 wires going into the switch and splice / loop them together.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Jayman7257
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »

Thank you very much!!! I will try the green battery and see if that works.

Thank you all for your comments.

Jay
Jayman7257
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »

Just let you know that did not work. I replaced the green bat and followed the other steps and the tilt would not clear. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »

Check my other note above about the belly glass door switch.  Also, do you have known working board you can put in the machine?

bkoch
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »

How have you determind the cpu board is bad?
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »

As Jim said,one common problem was the gunk around the big battery that would cause such problems.   Have heard a few times when people would remove it and use a toothbrush to clean that area and with a little luck it would be saved from the parts or scrap pile
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1470

Wild thing !

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »

does the gunk look like this ?

Also you might check out this post too.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7775.0

waving flag   U.S.Auto Service
    Dan

* tracking under battery.JPG (56.12 KB, 776x673 - viewed 293 times.)

waving flag  U.S.Auto Service
      Dan
dgrbrian
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

I have also seen this error come up with machines that used to be on a SAS system.  It interconnects with the door switches to signal the system.  When these are removed and the wires are not reconnected you have no switch.  Also if for some reason if you have the BV with the wrong IDO (IGT IDO24, Bally etc...IDO3) you can find that it can kill either your touch screens and or door switches.
sfrench
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »

Does your S2000 have door optics also check for a bent pin on the CPU were it connects to the back plane. most of the time when we have this problem on the floor its the door optics.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.