S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer
<< < (2/3) > >>
Harvs:
Quote from: 89chevyman on January 29, 2014, 04:12:44 PM

Great post :3- :3- I do have a question on an S2000 machine I just picked up that is having a printer problem(?). To start with, I'm not all that familiar with S2000s and have been getting help from jimise, thanks Jim, to get to where I'm currently at. The problem is that there is a printer communications error that I'm having a hard time removing. Let me set this up: It is a 5 reel, Triple Double Butterfly 7s, RT with printer in the top box. I've been poking around looking for disconnected/loose plugs and have found a couple of plugs just hanging in the bottom box. Now I know some of these are suppose to be unconnected, but there is one that seems like it should plug into the Power Distribution Module (correct connection end and seems like it "should" plug into the module). Not wanting to "let the smoke out" I have decided to refrain from the "just push ahead" idea and ask first :99- :99-. From what I've been able to determine, from the abundant wealth of info on this great site, the "empty" port is shown as "J/P 306 top box unswitched ac". Now the question, does anyone have a photo of the bottom box power distribution module in a similar set up as mine? Or, more importantly, COULD this be my printer problem :103- :103-. I DO realize I'm probably answering my own question :25-, but would feel better knowing from knowledgeable people if I'm headed in the right direction. Also IF this IS the answer and it turns out the printer is bad, would hooking this up short out the motherboard? I will attempt to look deeper into the forum for answers, but wanted to start someplace. Thanks for any and all info.

Chris

What model printer do you have? A pic would help also.

Harvs
89chevyman:
I'll have to check and find out later on today and I'll try to get a picture too(never have very good luck at posting pictures here). Thanks.

Chris
Nurbo:
Hi,

Thank you for your messages, I hope it will help some people!

Harvs: Thanks for the picture of the bracket !
89chevyman:
Okay sorry for the late reply. The printer is the same one as in this post. Update: I plugged the loose cable, located in the lower box, into where I thought it should go and there was no smoke :3- :3- The printer does load up with paper, but there is no response from the menu test for the printer. Still getting printer communication failure. There is a question I have about the post. You show the printers' cable power end and the netplix end, then a cable to connect these ends to the netplix distribution board. I do not have this cable. The machine came with the printer and the netplix end is correctly attached to the distribution board(as outlined in this post), but the power end is a female 3 prong and the place to plug it into (as indicated on the board) is 2 prong female also?  Is the power end, in this case, needed to make the printer work correctly, as it already appears to have power? Or should I just use a Key 17 chip and see if I can get it to remove this error and hopefully get the game to function properly? Thanks again and once again, sorry for the late reply :25- :25-

Chris
Harvs:
Quote from: 89chevyman on January 31, 2014, 01:54:01 AM

Okay sorry for the late reply. The printer is the same one as in this post. Update: I plugged the loose cable, located in the lower box, into where I thought it should go and there was no smoke :3- :3- The printer does load up with paper, but there is no response from the menu test for the printer. Still getting printer communication failure. There is a question I have about the post. You show the printers' cable power end and the netplix end, then a cable to connect these ends to the netplix distribution board. I do not have this cable. The machine came with the printer and the netplix end is correctly attached to the distribution board(as outlined in this post), but the power end is a female 3 prong and the place to plug it into (as indicated on the board) is 2 prong female also?  Is the power end, in this case, needed to make the printer work correctly, as it already appears to have power? Or should I just use a Key 17 chip and see if I can get it to remove this error and hopefully get the game to function properly? Thanks again and once again, sorry for the late reply :25- :25-

Chris

The only connection that needs to be made for a Gen1 or Gen2 to work is the Netplex connector (Ithica as well). - Your printer IS enabled correct? I have only seen that error when the printer took a shat.. They are readily available, $25 - $50 depending..

Hope this helps...

Harvs
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page