Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally EM 1114 questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EM 1114 questions  (Read 4187 times)
MikeyB
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »

While checking out my new toy,

I noticed a counter by the reels that counts how my quarters have been played.  there is also a counter in the bottom of the machine what is this for?

The switch that activates it, looks like it would be for rejected coins, because the routing goes out the bottom of the machine.  But nothing ever goes this way.

When I have the door open to see how the coin mech works, the quarters go into the back slot.

If I drop a quarter in the front slot, it returns to the payout tray.  when the quarters fall to the back slot....  I dunno where they go!!! lol

Could anyone do some explaining on all this, I have Mills machines back in the 30's This is my First EM machine so its kinda Greek to me.
MikeyB
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

I'm still new to posting,  Can someone move this to the

"Bally Electromechanical" section please?

Thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »

first the meter is most likely the coin drop - meaning number of coins that did not go into the "full" hopper and would be diverted to the hole located in the chute behind the meter.
next - you show the coin drop switch - which is for a DOLLAR coin - which means any coins going past this switch most likely are not registering.
last - you show the coin acceptor "box" - there is no coin acceptor so coins would not go where they are supposed to.

MikeyB
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »

first the meter is most likely the coin drop - meaning number of coins that did not go into the "full" hopper and would be diverted to the hole located in the chute behind the meter.
next - you show the coin drop switch - which is for a DOLLAR coin - which means any coins going past this switch most likely are not registering.
last - you show the coin acceptor "box" - there is no coin acceptor so coins would not go where they are supposed to.

DOLLAR!!!???  what the heck!!!??? hmmmm, I'm thinkin this machine has a little bit of this, and a little bit of that...

On the last picture, I took the coin accepter out so I could get a shot of the back slot. 

BRB tinkering some more
MikeyB
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »

Here is the coin mech,

now with the mech out, how do I get the quarters out that have fallen into the mysterious black hole?

Also, I was messing around with the coin mech, is there supposed to be something that causes this to move out on it own?

NORMAL:

Me holding it open:

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 04:50:19 AM »

Yes, the "reject coin" button on the coin entry. It never opens that far, though, just far enough to drop out a stuck coin. The serviceman can pull it all the way open like that to fix serious jams,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.