Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 09:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Help - S2000 sound change
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help - S2000 sound change  (Read 3872 times)
timbo1961
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:15:02 AM »

Can someone tell me if its possible to change the sounds on a s2000 triple double rwb ? also which chip sets i would need to purchase in order to work on this or do a ram clear ?
 Game       SG000312   9F1
  Base      SB100194    7CD9       
idesign
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »

RAM Clear is a 97 chip.  You will need a 31 Set Chip once you clear ram to set it back up fully.

As for sound changes, in the sounds menu you should get a choice of melody or tones sound on the rollup.  If you want enhanced sound you will need to purchase a Multimedia Lite II card and a 42 simm.  This will also provide stereo sound at the same time.  Without the card you are limited to Mono sound.
timbo1961
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

I am almost certain I have that already installed in my slot, when I look at in menu 4.4 - Sound Test  there is a list of 215 sounds under 4.4.2 MMLB Sound File Test and under 3.2.6.1 - Audio I see stereo / mono, its these sound I am wondering about and if they can be turned on.  also it list this under sound PV 16 -  Sound       DSV 00042   5811 Thank You
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »

Sound options available with MMLB II And DSV 42
3.2.6.1 Audio Mode
  Mono or Stereo
3.2.6.2 Attract time
  0 to 99 minutes
3.2.6.3 Attract Volume
  0 to 10
3.2.6.4 Reel Spin Option
  MMLB Reel Spin Generic
  MMLB Reel Spin Enhanced (preferred)
  MMLB Reel Spin Legacy
3.2.6.5 Handpy Option
  MMLB Handpay Enhanced (preferred)
  MMLB Handpay Legacy
3.2.6.6 Rollup Option     note sound made when credits are added to the winner paid and credit meters
  MMLB Rollup Enhanced (preferred)
  MMLB Rollup Legacy

IF you get a haywire kit including one that came with a S+ reel chip and have the right Base chip SB001000 is one that works with S+ reel chips, or a haywire base chip the MMLB will allow you enable a haywire reel action (I think its the shake) when the machine hits a haywire pay.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »

If you don't get the options that Foster noted abve then your SB chip does not support enhanced sounds.  The 42 simm is a generic simm for many different games so only certain sounds are called by your SB chip.  Therefore, your game can not access those other sounds you heard on the simm.
timbo1961
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »

Yes, I have all of the options that Foster listed, so next i need to see if it has those chips Right ? does anywhere in the menu tell me that or I have to physically look on boards?
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Yes, I have all of the options that Foster listed, so next i need to see if it has those chips Right ? does anywhere in the menu tell me that or I have to physically look on boards?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  What chips?  You already Identified the SG and SB chips in your machine when you posted your original message.
timbo1961
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »

I guess what I'm trying to ask is , Knowing that my machine does support enhanced sounds , how do I change them ? am I going to have to purchase this kit Foster mentioned (Haywire) ? I apologise for any confusion, I have read alot of posts that mention I need those chips # 97 & 31, in order to make changes , so I was under the impression I would need these. Thanks for being patient
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »

I guess what I'm trying to ask is , Knowing that my machine does support enhanced sounds , how do I change them ? am I going to have to purchase this kit Foster mentioned (Haywire) ? I apologise for any confusion, I have read alot of posts that mention I need those chips # 97 & 31, in order to make changes , so I was under the impression I would need these. Thanks for being patient
Sounds are tied to the title installed.

Different title / game will have different sounds, beyond the menu settings foster pointed out there is nothing you can change beyond that.   

If you install a Haywire title then you will get the haywire sounds etc.

If you install Triple Diamond DLX you will get the nudge sounds etc.

If you install Tabasco you will need a different SIMM installed.

DSV0042 is mainly for S+ titles also DSV0024 supports them as well with some different sounds here and there.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.