Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Vision Bonus Game Graphics
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vision Bonus Game Graphics  (Read 2424 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 19, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »

JohnnyG

Vision Bonus Game Graphics
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:26 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got around to messing with the bonus game files on the flash card for Bonus Spin RWB.  Not sure if anyone else is doing this or cares, but you can replace any bitmap with your own as long as it's a 640x480, 256 color, 8-bit bitmap (just rename the existing file on the card so you can go back to it later).  I used Photoshop to make some simple changes to the existing files that I've shown here.  To be able to do anything other than replace images with your own, I need the Vision Builder software.  This should allow the addition of more background files (the Good Luck! pics that it rotates after every win) and I'm assuming do something with attract mode that will allow custom graphics to cycle on the LCD.  I really would like to find the harness that connects to the bottom of the LCD to allow a keyboard and mouse so I can mess with the OS.  Watching it boot, it looks like Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 in non-GUI mode.  Too bad the video card seems limited to 256 colors, I can't recall if that Cirrus chipset is capable of High Color and I keep forgetting to take a closer look at how much video memory is on the board.  High color images would be nice.  As for the rest of the files on the flash card, there's not much else that can be manipulated as far as I can tell.  All the config files need to be edited by the Vision Builder software.  It's been a long time since I've had a i486 machine, which was right about when I was playing Doom and Doom II.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 1.jpg (155.23 KB, 800x600 - viewed 256 times.)

* 2.jpg (163.48 KB, 800x600 - viewed 237 times.)

* 3.jpg (158.37 KB, 800x600 - viewed 253 times.)

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »

Brianzz

Re: Vision Bonus Game Graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »   

That's pretty cool, you can have dancing naked women race instead of 7's

JohnnyG

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:31:24 AM »   

Quote from: Brianzz on August 10, 2007, 11:40:34 PM
That's pretty cool, you can have dancing naked women race instead of 7's

Let you imagination run wild.

EDIT: Of course, with a 256 color limitation, it will be more like nekkid cartoon women.

JohnnyG

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »   

I forgot.  You should be able to replace the WAV files to get different sounds.  I'm going to try that today and see if it works.

EDIT: What I really want is a way to gain access to the WAV files on the SIMMS, like my Munsters SIMM or the DSV000042.  Many of them would make excellent ring tones, especially Haywire sounds.

Jay

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:16:36 PM »   

There is a lot of Japanese Animi (very naughty) that would be fine in 256. Sailor Moon is not just a childrens cartoon.

Per the SIMM wav you could always hook up the speaker out to the Line IN on your PC and sample the audio that way.
From there you can edit it and make it suitable to use as a ring tone.

CaptainHappy

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 01:57:04 AM »   

Quote from: Jay on August 11, 2007, 10:16:36 PM
There is a lot of Japanese Animi (very naughty) that would be fine in 256. Sailor Moon is not just a childrens cartoon.

Per the SIMM wav you could always hook up the speaker out to the Line IN on your PC and sample the audio that way.

Jay,

K+ for an inventive suggestion!

Mark

JohnnyG

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 06:13:32 AM »   

Quote from: Jay on August 11, 2007, 10:16:36 PM

Is that what the little mini-plug connector on the MML board is for?

Thor777

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »   

Quote from: JohnnyG on August 10, 2007, 10:31:26 PM
To be able to do anything other than replace images with your own, I need the Vision Builder software.  This should allow the addition of more background files (the Good Luck! pics that it rotates after every win) and I'm assuming do something with attract mode that will allow custom graphics to cycle on the LCD.  I really would like to find the harness that connects to the bottom of the LCD to allow a keyboard and mouse so I can mess with the OS.  Watching it boot, it looks like Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 in non-GUI mode.

Did you ever find a source for the vision builder software????   

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.