Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Vision LCD Keyboard
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vision LCD Keyboard  (Read 2748 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 19, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

JohnnyG

Vision LCD Keyboard
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what I got to work with the Vision LCD?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 4.jpg (204.19 KB, 800x600 - viewed 298 times.)

tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »

brichter

Re: Vision LCD Keyboard
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »   

Quote from: r273 on May 19, 2008, 09:13:28 PM

It looks like NJ version chip requires the long boot sequence. Others don't.

Ok, 'nother trivia question: my Vision LCD has "VGA" and KBD/Mouse ports on it, anyone know the pinout for this to a D-Sub 15 (normal monitor cable) and keyboard/mouse cables? I'd imagine the VGA port would display the boot sequence.

knagl

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 08:59:47 AM »   

Here's a link to the VGA pinout, as well as a page with a PS/2 Keyboard pinout.   

http://pinouts.ru/Video/VGA15_pinout.shtml
http://pinouts.ru/Inputs/KeyboardPC6_pinout.shtml

tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »

CaptainHappy

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »   

Quote from: brichter on May 19, 2008, 10:21:31 PM
Ok, 'nother trivia question: my Vision LCD has "VGA" and KBD/Mouse ports on it, anyone know the pinout for this to a D-Sub 15 (normal monitor cable) and keyboard/mouse cables? I'd imagine the VGA port would display the boot sequence.

Quote from: knagl on May 20, 2008, 08:59:47 AM
Here's a link to the VGA pinout, as well as a page with a PS/2 Keyboard pinout.   

I have not looked at the vision box before, but a word of caution as far as the KB/MS port or ports. I do embedded computers and single board computers and you need to be careful if they have a single port for combined KB/MS connection. Most embedded computer products use the single PS/2 port and an adapter cable that splits out to seperate KB and MS ports. It is a basic real estate savings issue usually. The issue comes from the fact that there are probably at least two different ways that manufacturers do the wiring for those single ports.   Why can't people do something standard?? I say this because the adapter cables look exactly the same!!!    I have attached a pic and drawing (I painted a further description to it.... Don't laugh at the lack of art skills.) of a sample of the cable. The variations come depending on where they wire the KB&MS DATA&CLOCK signals. If there are two seperate ports, the standard pinout usually is fine. Hopefully the vision box usies the two seperate ports. Not sure if this helps out, or just confuses the issue?   

CH

* 1.gif (8.23 KB, 200x200 - viewed 395 times.)

* index.gif (55.76 KB, 590x503 - viewed 284 times.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.