Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  WTB: S2000 "Super Stars Spin" reel glass and back lit reel strips (questions)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: S2000 "Super Stars Spin" reel glass and back lit reel strips (questions)  (Read 2749 times)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« on: April 26, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »

Hi All,

I just picked up this nice Super Stars Spin, 4 reel, multi denomination game from our buddy Brokenticker propeller (Thanks Pete) and I have a question or need. The belly glass that came with the game is really scratched up (see pictures) and I want to replace it. Now, I have what I thought was a replacement reel glass, BUT when I went to swap it out I noticed the multi denomination touch unit was adhered to the original. So I guess my first question is can this be removed from the existing glass and move to another and if so, how? Second question, is the existing glass a special made glass for touch denomination (meaning the the glass itself is specially made to work with touch technology)? Third question, are these reel glasses and back lit reel strips still available new with a touch unit already installed?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first touch denomination game and I'm trying to understand how it works.  Scratch Head Help

Thanks,

Rob

* IMG_2105.jpg (220.1 KB, 350x799 - viewed 229 times.)

* IMG_2108.JPG (258.06 KB, 800x600 - viewed 222 times.)
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

Nothing special about the reel glass except the graphics,4 reel and maybe for 6-6-3 display.    The touch pad will come of the denom sticker but have to be carefull  not to pry too hard and crack the board. If you try to remove the denom sticker from the glass,it can be done but could mess up the mylar on the old glass. I would put a new M.denom sticker on your new glass.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:51:39 PM by Railroad94 » Logged
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

Thanks for the info. Where can I get the denom sticker? And just in case I f&#@ up the old board trying to get it off, are they available as well?

Thanks,

Rob
idesign
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »

Apply a little heat to the front of the glass with a hair dryer and it will come off easier.
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

Like he said ^^^^^  a little heat and take your time.    Still need to find a new touch panel and light box myself.

anybody have any ???           Someone out there has some of the stickers  Scratch Head    If you can't find any, I have a few but will have to see what denoms.
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 02:19:48 AM »

Well, I was able to remove the touch pad and decal from the heavily scratched up reel glass and put it in a not so scratched temporary reel glass.  applause yes propeller rotflmao

I just discovered that my replacement glass is for a Freedom Stars game  waving flag, but as you can see from the picture, it actually looks like it fits because of the star designs.

I am still on the look out for a nice original reel glass and a set of reel strips for the game, but for now I'm very happy!

Thanks for all the help!

Rob

* IMG_2110.jpg (221.49 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 202 times.)

* IMG_2112.JPG (190.52 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 227 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.