Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Dome light inop..?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dome light inop..?  (Read 2878 times)
sommer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« on: May 23, 2009, 04:24:15 AM »

lol...I never knew i have a dome light in my machine? Tongue Out i went to one of a member home and saw that..haha.. :37-i'm not sure they call that a"Dome light"?..lol..i'm an auto mech,..

OK, any body have a wiring diag.?or know where to look? the bulb and sw,wire,connector all ck good just no power.!!not the fuse problem!! i guess they're 12V..

Thanks  Hail           

* dome light.jpg (600.37 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 172 times.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 04:30:31 AM by sommer » Logged

IGT S-2000...
Sorry about my grammar..lol..it is my second language.!!lmao...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:25 PM »

I don't have a wiring diagram but I'll bet ya big time that that white push button white in the photo has a lot to do with it!...lol
Using a meter while set for continuity will help you determine which side of that switch is open and which 2 plugs are closed.
My guess is when that switch is open (As in: when the door is physically open) the switch closes the line for the 12V to power up the "dome light".
There are several sources for 12V...one for sure and very nearby is the 12V going into the DBV... yes
sommer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »

Thanks, mark  i ck, that SW, and bypass it!! i just know it? got No power? this is a simple/easy circuit..lol.."slot machine dome light",,,lucky only have to work with 1 door SW? bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
I trace the wire down and found the connector"loose" just left it hanging/unplug?? i power up with 12V the light/SW, are working fine!!!..lol..haha.. Now i have to find where this plug go? or just find any 12V?  Scratch Head loser Hail     

* 2 pin connecter.jpg (633.26 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 186 times.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:16:52 AM by sommer » Logged

IGT S-2000...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 AM »

yeah, just use any 12V...
I know most DBV's use 12V...you have a meter at all?
You can check and see if there's 12V coming out of the main power supply at all...
I'm not familiar with S2000's yet...
just don't use the 115V.....lol...
unless you're really good with electricity and
can hook up a real light bulb circuit and socket such as the ones in your home.

By the way, if that red and green plug is putting out 12V, use that...just make some sort of adapter for the connector really.
Use lots of elecrtical tape though, we don't want to short out anything.
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:26:45 AM »

That connector goes on top of the power distribution box. In the picture with the loose connector the box is the one behind the connector and has the multi colored ribbon cable connectected. There is a two pin connector on top of that box. Hope this helps.

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »

FYI if you need a spare bulb you can pick one up at your local auto parts store #906 wedge 12V.

Ron
sommer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »

That connector goes on top of the power distribution box. In the picture with the loose connector the box is the one behind the connector and has the multi colored ribbon cable connectected. There is a two pin connector on top of that box. Hope this helps.
I found it!!! thank allot!! Hail applause cool!! the dome light still working even power sw,off [door open]..lol..just like a car..?how come they don't make this in an S+machine?  Scratch Head

Thanks,,bunker and r273 Hail for part num#..lmao..that what they used for Dome light in an older Ford/Mazda Truck..!!  bust gut laughing

* 12V output.jpg (669.41 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 194 times.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:41:47 PM by sommer » Logged

IGT S-2000...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »

lol....glad you got it going Sommer...you know...I had a toyota corolla once...
my first car when I was 18 years old ...very used of course,... 4-on-the-floor with a clutch pedal.
It had those very same looking sockets and bulbs all over the thing....lol
Not to mention,  a cheap coat of white paint over all the missed yellow spots too  Duh!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.