Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Door Optics Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Door Optics Problem  (Read 4607 times)
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »

Thanks to all the information sharing I have the first two S2000's up and running. The third is posing a problem with the door optics. I did a ram clear on the machine and when it says to close the main door I close the main door but the error message never goes away. I have changed both door optics with good parts, I have tried another MPU module, I have shorted the cash box door switch. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I will be out of town for a week so I won't be able to try anything until I return. Thanks

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:28:57 PM »

Belly Glass door switch. upper left hand corner, a black switch, but not all have them, look for a 2 pin connector with green wires

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
idylewild1

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »

Looked at this and wires have been cut can't find where other end of wires go to short out.Thanks

Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »

Looked at this and wires have been cut can't find where other end of wires go to short out.Thanks
both wires are green but one has a green / blue stripe on it.  Just connect them together. 
idylewild1

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »

Wires are cut om the switch side and no wires are going into mpu or motherboard area. Can't fimd other end of wires to short must be removed..

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 03:13:12 AM »

Are you saying you found the switch with wires cut off from it.

A few pictures might be helpful.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
idylewild1

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »

I am out of town will take a picture when I return. The swithch is black and located on the belly door. The swirch has two wires (black and orange) connectected to it that have been cut and go nowhere. Hope this helps. I know to short the switch wires just lihe on the cash box door swutch wires. Thanks

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 05:27:47 AM »

My thought is that the missing wires, the ones that have been cut are hiding in the harness someplace.
with belly door open look at the large bundle of wires going to the bottom of the door I/O cage, not the ones entering the top of of the Door I/O board.
usually you will find a 2 pin white connector either with a jumper connector plugged into it or in your case the connector with the matching wire colors from your switch
If I remember from reading the schematic for the door the belly switch is in series with the optic on the door.

May help looking at your other machine as well. Comparing things that should be the same on both machines sometimes makes finding problem and fix easier.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
idylewild1

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:57 AM »

Thanks for the advice will check this weekend when I return. Thanks again.

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »

Look for the matching colored severed wires inside the door.  You can twist them together and overide the switch to see if that solves your problem.
idylewild1

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

Found the drop door switch connector and shorted wires to no avail. Measured voltages on optics. The reciever has 5 volts on the purple wire (on a S+ this is usually 10 volts. The emmiter has 5 volts on it and it is flucuating very slowly. I know on an S+ this voltage should be a square wave. As stated before I have tried the optics in a know good S+ machine and have tried a new mpu. Any ideas.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.