Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  no sound
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: no sound  (Read 5889 times)
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« on: November 02, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »

I have 2 BIG TIMES PAY BONUS S2000 with no sound.  I believe I have set the sound settings in options sound settings correctly.  When I raise or lower the volume levels you Can hear the speakers, but when playing the machine just makes clicking nosies.

thanks

Brianzz
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

You probably need the enhanced sound boards for them
dansgames
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 240

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:01 AM »

I have 2 BIG TIMES PAY BONUS S2000 with no sound.  I believe I have set the sound settings in options sound settings correctly.  When I raise or lower the volume levels you Can hear the speakers, but when playing the machine just makes clicking nosies.

thanks

Pull your mainboard out, Check to see if there is a multi media lite board attached , it will be on top of the large board. There should be a simm card DSV00051 inserted on that board.

Dansgames  arrow
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:58:32 AM by dansgames » Logged
rjpohl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »

No, there is not a multi media board on either machine, guess that means I need to found a couple.  Is the SIMM you listed the small for all bonus games or is game specific?

PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »

You will need the Multi-media lite boards -simm card type-not old eprom type and then the dsv. simm card clips into it.  That simm card works in a few other 4-reel games but is mostly just specific to that game.  Once you have that stuff and fire up your machince it will take longer to boot up as it is recognizing the board and will do this every boot-up (only about 12-15 seconds).  With all installed you will have new menu options under machine options-mulit-media.  That's where you will set all your preferences.  Chk with a vendor here such as Jim at blue-ridge or some others as they probably can help but get ready to spend at least a couple hundred bucks for the booards and simm's as they are not cheap!.  Thanks Barry.
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »

Hello all!

Shouldn't he still get the S+ type sound out of a machine without the Multimedia board?  I think he has no sound whatsoever....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

dpalmi

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 12:45:15 AM »

Just to clarify, I've attached 3 pics - the first shows a mainboard with a Multimedia board installed - second shows one without the Multimedia board installed - thrid shows the Multimedia board all by itself (FYI - it does have a SIMM installed).

Dan #2

* mb1.jpg (218.62 KB, 800x642 - viewed 282 times.)

* mb2.jpg (211.42 KB, 800x632 - viewed 295 times.)

* mb3.jpg (151.41 KB, 800x499 - viewed 277 times.)

dansgames

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:37 AM »

No multi media lite board no sound,I just pulled mine to make sure. He can use a generic 42 simm but will not have all the sound effects of a 51

Dansgames  arrow
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:44:15 PM by dansgames » Logged
dpalmi

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »

No multi media lite board no soun,I just pulled mine to make sure. He can use a generic 42 simm but will not have all the sound effects of a 51

Hello!

Ok...I'm confused.  I thought I would give it a try - so I removed my Multimedia board out of one of my S2000 machines and I got the standard S+ like sounds when playing.  So I would think he would be able to get some kind of sound.  I thought the Multimedia board just gave you "enahnced" sound...and that's what my test seemed to show...

Dan #2

dansgames

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 07:03:50 AM »

No multi media lite board no soun,I just pulled mine to make sure. He can use a generic 42 simm but will not have all the sound effects of a 51

Hello!

Ok...I'm confused.  I thought I would give it a try - so I removed my Multimedia board out of one of my S2000 machines and I got the standard S+ like sounds when playing.  So I would think he would be able to get some kind of sound.  I thought the Multimedia board just gave you "enahnced" sound...and that's what my test seemed to show...

Dan #2

Dan,
 Was it a big Times Pay ?? I have a couple of theme games with designated simms  that will run without a multi media board and give the generic S+  sounds. Not sure if all of the 4th reel bonus games require the MM board. Just sold a super spin sizzling 7's or I could tell you. Maybe some of the other members who have them can let us know.

Dansgames  arrow
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »

OK, I played my Big Times Pay working with the MMBII and SIMM 51 with no problems. Then I pulled the MMLBII board and played getting only solenopid clicks for the reel stop sounds, so it seems even though the menu states that reel sounds are on, for some reason BTP does not revert to legacy sounds. In fact, the reel spin sounds WITH the SIMM 51 are the legacy sounds and the menu does not give an option for enhanced with the SIMM installed.

Dan (tacman)

dpalmi

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 12:21:28 PM »

Was it a big Times Pay ??

Hello!

No, it was not a Big Times Pay - but it was a theme slot - Tabasco - and I do have the Tabasco theme sound Simm.  I was wondering if it had anything to do with the specific game....

Dan #2

dansgames

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

OK, I played my Big Times Pay working with the MMBII and SIMM 51 with no problems. Then I pulled the MMLBII board and played getting only solenopid clicks for the reel stop sounds, so it seems even though the menu states that reel sounds are on, for some reason BTP does not revert to legacy sounds. In fact, the reel spin sounds WITH the SIMM 51 are the legacy sounds and the menu does not give an option for enhanced with the SIMM installed.

Dan (tacman)

Dan,
 I wished I still had the super spin sizzling 7's to see if MM board is required. So far it looks like just the Big times pay has to have it.

Dansgames  arrow
rjpohl

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »

I have a Super Spin Sizzling 7's and when you pull the MMBII it has only the solenoid sound.  I believe any game with a bonus reel requires the MMBII sound board.

Another thing I just notices is several of the S2000 machines I have only have sound from the left speaker, you can change the wire and then the right speaker works so the speakers are good. 

White Ice has no MMBII and sound from left speaker only
Muncho Dinero has no MMBII but has sound from both speakers
Tabasco has no MMBII and has sound from left speaker only
Triple Star has no MMBII board but has sound from both

is there a way to turn right speaker on and off??

I know this is a little off the original topic but it is a sound issue.

Thanks to all who have helped on this so far.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.