Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  WMS BB1 converted to BB2, Top monitor diplay issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS BB1 converted to BB2, Top monitor diplay issues  (Read 9601 times)
mmccul3797
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: March 31, 2012, 02:13:06 AM »

Hello All,
 I have a BB1 machine that has been converted over to BB2. I have the OLED button panel installed and both lower and upper monitors are Ceronix BB2 monitors. The issue I am having is some games will not display on the top screen correctly. For example, Zeus3 looks like its about 4 times the size it should be to fit the screen. You only see like the upper left of the image being displayed. Then you can load I Love Lucy and it displays perfectly. What is going on? I have tried a couple other CPU-NXT2 units I have and they all do the same thing. Dean Martin Vegas Shin Dig also has the same top monitor display issue. BB2 is still new to me so I am thinking their might be a set up setting I am not configuring correctly during the initial set up? I'm using OS SSSG-1693 on these games. Lower touch monitor is connected to the DVI port. Upper monitor is connected to the SVGA port on the CPU box. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
Matt

* photo-203.JPG (490.3 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 434 times.)
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »

The only thing that I can tell you is that I have had issues with some of my VGA cables to the top box monitor not displaying correctly
some work ok others don't, the other thing, I assume you have a 22" monitor in the top box, it has to have an aspect ratio of 16x10
there are no setup options for this, the game looks for that automatically, your monitor needs to be a 22" made for WMS with a 16x10 aspect ratio

Wes

Wes propeller
mmccul3797

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »

Hello Wes,
 Thanks for the reply, I can try a different VGA Cable. Seems easy enough and I have a few laying around. As for the Monitor. It should be the correct specification for a BB2. I bought both upper and lower monitors new From Ceronix for a BB2. They and are manufactured to BB2 Specifications. I loaded Jackpot Party Win It Again and that one displays just fine. The two games I have loaded that have top display issues are the "Reel Boost" catagory of games. "Win it Again" games seem to be fine. I attached a photos below showing Jackpot Party displaying just fine.

Matt

* photo-204.JPG (648.98 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 1069 times.)
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

Matt, I personally don't have a 22" monitor, I am going to upgrade mine to BB2 with a 22"

from what Ive been told, if you have a Ceronix 22" made for a BB2, it needs to have a 16x10 aspect ratio,
I would check the model # that you have and look on the Ceronix web site and check the specs of your monitor,
if it is a Williams 16x10, I would contact Ceronix, the monitor may be defective

Wes

Wes propeller
mmccul3797

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »

Hello Wes,
 According to the specs. It is 16:10 aspect ratio. I will try the different VGA cable and see if that does anything different. I attached a document that has the specs of the Ceronix top monitor I am using.

Matt

* 22INTNLCD.pdf (283.98 KB - downloaded 264 times.)
superparts
**************** SLOT PARTS FOR SALE ****************
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »

I have some of these 22" WMS monitors for anyone interested in the conversion. 

i have parts for:

Atronic Emotion:
Comm, backplane, Main, Multi media boards and button decks.

WMS BB N BB2
NXT2 & NXT CPUs, BB2 backplane, OLED decks.

Aristocrat Veridian
CPU, Backplane, powersupply.
PM Or EMAIL preferably:  superparts1@gmail.com
mmccul3797

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:44:26 PM »

Are they Top or the bottom touch monitors? Uses or new? What brand?

Thanks,
Matt
superparts
**************** SLOT PARTS FOR SALE ****************
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »

I have both.  They are new.  They are the exact item that are in new BB2s.

Please email me for pricing.

i have parts for:

Atronic Emotion:
Comm, backplane, Main, Multi media boards and button decks.

WMS BB N BB2
NXT2 & NXT CPUs, BB2 backplane, OLED decks.

Aristocrat Veridian
CPU, Backplane, powersupply.
PM Or EMAIL preferably:  superparts1@gmail.com
Regislive
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:05 AM »

I have a question what happens to the games that are not "widescreen"?  I am thinking about getting a BB1 machine with a BB2 CPU and havnig the monitors changed to the 22" 16x10 format.  What would happen to a game like Dean Martin's Wild Party that was the 4x3 screen will that look and play okay in the widescreen format?
mmccul3797

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »

Hey guys, Sorry its been a while since I have been on here. I did get my upper monitor problem fixed Apparently Ceronix had a batch of monitors they produced with a bad video card. They sent me a new video card for the monitor and the problem is fixed.
 Regislive: Your standard games should display just fine on your wide screen. Some BB2 games aren't wide screen games but display fine on them. For example, Air Plane is a standard size display. When I first converted the BB2 CPU into my cabinet. I used my BB1 screen for a while till I converted over the wide screen. The games I played on my BB1 Screen worked just fine on my BB2 Screen. Its the Wide Screen games that wont fit the standard screen which is why I went through the whole conversion process to the wide screens so I could play ANY BB2 game without screen issues.
Nashional
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 17

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

mmccul3797, can you play BB1 games if you have a BB2 wide screen monitor (like if I wanted to swap out the CPUs to switch between systems)?
Regislive
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »

Regislive: Your standard games should display just fine on your wide screen. Some BB2 games aren't wide screen games but display fine on them. For example, Air Plane is a standard size display. When I first converted the BB2 CPU into my cabinet. I used my BB1 screen for a while till I converted over the wide screen. The games I played on my BB1 Screen worked just fine on my BB2 Screen. Its the Wide Screen games that wont fit the standard screen which is why I went through the whole conversion process to the wide screens so I could play ANY BB2 game without screen issues.

Thanks Mmccul  sorry I'm really new to all this stuff....but I really want a BB machine.  So if I get a game like Airplane that was 'designed' for the standard screen what happens to it on the widescreen...are there blackbars on the side, does it stretch out, or does the BB2 CPU know it was a standard screen game and then it has another screen programed for wide?  Just asking cause I don't want to get a lot of standard screen games and then them look stretched or weird looking.   Could you take a pic of one of the standard games on a widescreen.

Thanks again I appreciate the help.
mmccul3797

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

The standard games just have a wider border on the left and right side. No black bars. Its the same color of what ever the game boarder is. Just wider boarders on the left and right side.

Matt
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.