Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:13:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  WMS 550 Slant Dual Screen Reel Em In Cast For Cash - Broke XU-17 CHIP - Help?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS 550 Slant Dual Screen Reel Em In Cast For Cash - Broke XU-17 CHIP - Help?  (Read 6082 times)
justinkas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 03, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »

Silly Me!

I totally messed up today while changing game roms in my WMS 550 dual screen slant top. I accidentally broke the Reel Em In Cast For Cash XU-17 Rom Chip located on the bottom main board. It slid off of my pinball machine glass right onto the floor and broke in half.

Would anyone be willing to sell me a replacement chip ready to install for a reasonable cost? I do not have an eprom burner unfortunately so I will need the chip with the programming done as I do not have the burner or file to do it myself.

I am in the Las Vegas area and can pay by Pay-Pal if you can ship directly to me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:35:15 PM by justinkas » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:38:16 AM »

justinkas    NLG Welcome

Williams usually put the file check sum on the label of their chips, take a look at your busted one and see if it had a check sum of EC00 if it does I have one you can have.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:29:58 AM »

justinkas    NLG Welcome

Williams usually put the file check sum on the label of their chips, take a look at your busted one and see if it had a check sum of EC00 if it does I have one you can have.

Buzz, have you ever had a chip break in half from falling on the floor? Williams chips must be pretty brittle...
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:05 AM »

Yes Sir dropped a M27C4002 on a tile floor and it busted right in half.

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:39:54 AM »

Yes Sir dropped a M27C4002 on a tile floor and it busted right in half.

Wow! Must have been cold here. Thought ceramic was tougher than that!
justinkas

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »

Hi Buzz,

All that the chip has listed on it is:

XU17 0900
27C801

All the chips have the 27C801 on each one of them.

Does this help?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »

I must admit I know next to nothing about a Williams 550 and I own two of them. Mine are both single screen machines. I don't know if duel screen machines use different softwear.

The 27C801 is just the number of the chip, it's a 8 MEG 32 pin eprom. If the 0900 is the check sum I'm guessing what I have will not work. Does your game just have 6 chips XU2, 3, 17, 18, 30, & 31 ?? ( A lot of games also have XU 4 and 5 )

justinkas

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:59:06 AM »

Hi,

Yes my game has those 6 chips for the bottom screen board. My top screen board has 4 chips. The 6 chips are the ones you list so it does sound like yours may in fact work? Mine does not have xu4 and 5
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 05:31:16 AM »

There seems to be all kinds of deals I can make you.

#1   I send you XU 17 if it works were even
#2   I send you the complete set of 6 chips, if they work you send me back the 5 unbroken chips and were even.  ( I can erase them and put something else on them )
#3   I send you the complete set and they don't work you send them back and were even
#4   I send you the complete set and you decide to keep both sets, you make a $30 donation to New Life Games. ( 6 used 8 MEG chips cost me close to $30 )

You can PM me your address.   

lizzo54
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

The 0900 is the chip id number, i believe its actually D900.  In any case just sending him the xu17 chip should work fine. 

Ive had several 550's over the years, now im down to two dual screens.  Nice machines and good games.  Although dealing with 6 to 12 chips per game change does suck at times. 

I have a data base with games, and chip id's etc on it of you want a copy.

Lenny
justinkas

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

Thanks Buzz and everyone else...I have sent you a PM with my address info and option chosen Smiley I really appreciate the offer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.