Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  BB2 error message SOLVED
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB2 error message SOLVED  (Read 2806 times)
PyratDET
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: August 07, 2013, 03:13:10 AM »

Finally figured it out,  I was using an older version of the OS, somehow it was not compatible.  Was getting this error on 2 out of 3  machines, finally figured out that the good machine was running 1460 os, the other 2 were running 1450 and 1440.  Switched to the 1460 os and all is well.

I am working on a BB2 machine running Zeus II that has a reoccurring problem. 

The machine will be running fine, if you cash out it is still running fine, except sometime in the next few hours it will lock up, give an error message and require a reboot to clear the error.

The error message is:

Validate SVC
Validation of /dev/hda client=0, xact=3 failed: Signature is invalid

Any ideas wo0uld be appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:02:20 PM by PyratDET » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

/dev/hda references a storage device in linux terms.  I don't have a BB2, but it runs on linux and that looks to me like a hard drive issue in general.  do you have a spare drive or another machine you could swap to see if the problem goes with it?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
PyratDET
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »

Good idea on the problem being a computer HD / storage problem, It makes a lot of sense because the error appears on what is known as the "blue screen of death" in the computer world. 

When I get a chance I'll swap around the hd and memory cards and see what happens.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.