Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Which BlueBird version(s) will run these games?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which BlueBird version(s) will run these games?  (Read 3911 times)
Terry B
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 26

« on: October 21, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »

I have 4 WMS games I would like in my collection but haven't a clue which machine it takes to run them. Would appreciate help as to which machine version will play each of these titles. New to Williams and can't seem to find the information. Thanks for the help!

Meerkats
Goldfish
Real em in
Village People

Terry
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

Dual screen BB1 video with extra bet button hardware.  Goldfish is a dual screen Game, so if you get a goldfish cabinet, you can play the rest on it.

There are various goldfish and village people.  I am assuming you mean the original goldfish game and Village People  Party.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Terry B
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »

Rick, Thanks for getting back to me...
The machine I am looking at is a "Goldfish" billed as a "BlueBird 1 but converted to 1.5 whatever those  changes may be. Is this an eprom or CF card based machine? Also will ask about the "extra bet button." Do any other major considerations come to mind when considering continuous changing of games (WMS version of a Game King)

T
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »

My understanding is that a BB 1.5 is a BB 1 cabinet, monitor(s) and interior but a BB2 CPU. If that is the case of this machine, then the titles of BB1 software that will run in the machine is limited and I do not believe any of the titles you listed will work with a BB2 CPU. Of course I may be mistaken, anyone who can confirm or debunk, please respond.

Dan (tacman)

Terry B
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:52:50 PM »

Dan,
Thank you.....

Would it be safe then to say BB-2 boards only run from CF based software?

T
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

No, both the BB1 and BB2 are CF card based. The BB1 has an expanded memory of only 512K and the BB2 has an expanded memory of 2gb and a hard drive, there are other differences such as top card boards used or not used. Problems with game compatability are usually between BB1 and BB2, equipment needed such as a top box or EBB and the monitor compatability between 19" and 22" because widescreen is needed for widescreen games.

Dan (tacman)

Terry B
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:13:07 PM »

Dan,
I have downloaded all the game lists I can find on NLG as well as the BB-I and BB-II manuals which I will begin reading this evening. My hope is for one machine, easily changed out to the games we enjoy. Would be nice if they had a "Game King" approach.

T
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.