Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Add on "Select denomination" button for IGT s2000 Tobasco
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Add on "Select denomination" button for IGT s2000 Tobasco  (Read 4860 times)
mrpepster
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »

Hello everyone!

Newbie here, Just got my first slot a week ago, it's a 9" IGT s2000 Tobasco 3 reel slot.

I've looked a few other tobasco slots and noticed that some of them have a "select denomination" button, a feature I'd like to have on mine.

Is this a possible to add on? Difficulty level?

Thanks!
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »

Provided the software, i.e., GM1, GM2, and Version chip is of the correct combination, it is possible to convert you machine to be Multi-Denom.  What you will need:

1)  A new button and switch to add to your button deck just to the right of your Max bet button.

2)  A Key 17 or 31 chip to key your machine and go into the settings to add the multi-denomination feature.

3)  Correct board chips.  I like to use SG-363 GM1 / GM2 chips and VSO11GX1 version chip.

4)  Directions. 

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
mrpepster
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »

Thanks!

Do you know of any good resources to get this stuff or is google my best friend?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »

Most any of the vendors listed at the top of the home page can help.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 01:08:28 AM »

can you still add the extra button for multi-denom even if the machine has the touchpad set-up with the 4 leds, but not having the actual touchpad itself?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 01:23:38 AM »

One think Jim ( Bettor Slots) forgot to ask, to the right of your Max Bet button do you have a square plate that can be removed to install the Multi Denom button?

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 01:39:47 AM »

can you still add the extra button for multi-denom even if the machine has the touchpad set-up with the 4 leds, but not having the actual touchpad itself?

It's one or the other, but not both.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:05:07 AM »

if you have the 4 LED box you most likely also have a 6-6-3 player display (either next to to reel 3 or that the bottom right of the reel glass you can not use the player button on the deck to select denomination.
You have to get the touchpad, denom label, small harness, and the plastic dividers.

The Denom labels come in 2, 3 or 4 denom. I have seen them on eBay regularly I got the one I wanted for under $5
Raz410 or another vendor on NLG probably has what you need to get it going.

To determine your player display count the number of digits that could be displayed in the Winner Paid, Credits, and Credits Played window it will be either 5 5 2 or 6 6 3.

IF you post some pictures of your display and denom panel we can tell you what you are missing

IF you have a 6 6 3 and you really want to use a button on the deck you have to change to a matching 5 5 2 display and most likely get adapter harness to connect the 5 5 2 to the door harness.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 02:30:17 AM »

I'll just keep searching for some touch panels and harnesses, I don't want to change my 6-6-3 displays.

Thanks for the info.

David
mrpepster
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »

Yes Buzz, There is  a blank plate next to the Max button.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »

Yes Buzz, There is  a blank plate next to the Max button.

That's where the button goes.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 02:54:09 AM »

* IMG_0476(1).JPG (229.2 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 254 times.)

mrpepster
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 02:59:51 AM »

Yep Jim, I got the idea from visiting your site.

By the way, thanks again for helping me locate that eprom for me bill validator!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 07:37:29 AM »

mrpepster:

Here are two threads that show where the wires are and which wires to hook up for your soon-to-be-new Multi-Denomination switch on your S2000:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=3406.msg28455#msg28455

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5554.msg40772#msg40772

The level of difficulty isn't hard at all.  You'll likely spend more time messing around with the keychip setup than you will actually installing the physical button.

An alternative to directly contacting one of the vendors found on the front page of NewLifeGames.net is to place a "WTB" ("Want To Buy") ad in the classifieds section of the forum.  In your post, state that you're looking to purchase a Multi-Denomination button for your S2000 button deck.  (Additionally, if you don't have a clear chip and keychip, now would be the time to get those as well -- you'll need at least one of them to set up the multi-denomination stuff in the software.)

Welcome to the site, by the way.  You've found the hands-down best resource of information for home ownership of slot machines.   yes

NLG Welcome

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mrpepster
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »

Thanks knagl!

Great info!

Thanks to everyone for your help, what a great site I stumbled onto!

I'm sure I'l have alot more questions once I gather the things I'l need, wallet permitting.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.