Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Hopper Empty and Closure M
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hopper Empty and Closure M  (Read 6947 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »

I've converted my s2000 coinless machine to coin. Thought I had all the setting correct until I tried to pay out. My hopper limit is set at 145 (all the Eisenhower dollars I have for now). It would accept coins and play, however they are being diverted to the overflow chute and when I went to cash out my 10 coin win, I got HOPPER EMPTY and Closure M errors. Now it's stuck at call attendant and I cannot change any values. I assume that's because it "owes" me the 10. How do I clear this error? Do I need to put the key chip back in?  Duh!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:14:57 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »

key chip wont help, you'd need to clear chip it. any chance you can by pass the door optic so you can get at the hopper while it's trying to pay? if you can you can trip the hopper optics by hand 10 times and clear the error. or figure out what is wrong with your hopper first and clear it that way. the closure M is normal after shutting the main door, that goes away after a game is played.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 01:38:15 AM »

I don't know how to bypass door optics. The hopper seems dead. And I don't see any way to trip the hopper optics. Even with the coin tray out, I can't get to it. I have the clear chip but have never done this on an s2000. I think I need to clear my credits, then go back into settings.
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »

replace the base chip (or sb) with the clear chip. power the machine up and you will see a change on the led lights on the board after about 30 sec. power down and put the sb chip back in and you will get an alarm. turn the reset key until the prompt on the display tells you to press and hold the test button (white button on the mpu board below the leds). close the door. you may have to repeat this. when the reels spin up, you can now shut down and key chip. hope this helps

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 02:03:18 AM »

Clear chip goes where the base chip is, which is also where key chip will go...correct? I'm known to do really stupid things and blow up stuff, like MPU's!
Thank you!!!
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:42 AM »

you are correct, just make sure you get the chip in the right way. U shaped notch on the chip the same way as the socket.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »

Thank you...yep got the notch in the right spot...long as I don't gouge a trace out, which I did about a year ago when I under the SOCKET instead of the chip!  Silly Me!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:48 AM »

Bypassing optics is easy
unplug both optics
get you a piece of wire at least 3 feet long and strip the ends about 1/4" long.
now looking at the harness for the optic in the door and cabinet
insert the wire so it is connected to the red wire on the door harness for the optic and the other end to the green wire in the cabinet harness for the optic
by the way the wires are on the arrow shaped side of the connector
There is a sticky for this in the S2000 section

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:30:16 AM »

Bypassing optics is easy
unplug both optics
get you a piece of wire at least 3 feet long and strip the ends about 1/4" long.
now looking at the harness for the optic in the door and cabinet
insert the wire so it is connected to the red wire on the door harness for the optic and the other end to the green wire in the cabinet harness for the optic
by the way the wires are on the arrow shaped side of the connector
There is a sticky for this in the S2000 section

Thanks!!!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:32:49 AM »

Now I'm back to the 7 key chip config menu...I hope I can figure this out!
All I want is the darn hopper to pay out UP to 145 coins, then split pay the remainder to the ticket pay.
ULTIMATELY, I'd like the ticket pay to also have a limit at 999 and have it go to HAND PAY mode at 1000 and above.
I think this can be done.  Scratch Head
Crap I'm already lost...have no idea what key chip config II means? Do I use none or II?
Following Fosters thread from before...says use II.
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:22 AM »

7 II has to do with validation and tickets

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »

This is getting really frustrating...WAS in the key menu (is that what it's called?) and set the II...backed out to set the rest and machine went into MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH. I have no idea what I did. Put the key chip back in and starting over, again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:32:11 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 02:52:09 AM »

machine type is in the 7.1 menu. set for upright.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »

It won't let me get into any  other menus but the very first one after I reinstall the base chip. Wonder if I killed the machine when I did the clear?
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 03:00:31 AM »

no, you have to key chip again if you left the menu.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:33:55 AM »

Re-keyed it and am getting machine to work...slowly. Problem is I'm still not sure of a lot of these settings, which may be very specific to a Double Top Dollar.
SAS validation...what type? Standard, Enhanced, or System mode???
Reading a PSR but it's much different than one for the s plus! I have no idea what to select for the bonus game options, etc...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:41:57 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:43:04 AM »

IF you are not doing anything with SAS pick Standard

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 03:55:02 AM »

Don't even know what SAS is! I'm a complete newbie to the s2000. I kind of dove in deciding to convert to coin in from coinless.
UPDATE:
Okay...some portions were working...including the Top Dollar bonus. But after a 25 coin win, I pressed cash out and got the same darn HOPPER EMPTY, CALL ATTENDANT error. I really don't want to clear this thing again! I have no idea why this is happening. I set my hopper limits and set the split pay to print when above 140.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:01:19 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »

When you first shut the door does the hopper turn for a few seconds?  You should be able to hear it.  If it doesn't pay any coins out in a few seconds it will give the "hopper empty" message.

check for a coin jammed under hopper knife, you can put a few coins on shelve wheel and rotate the knob on motor to see if coins travel properly.  I've also seen a few problems with the motor leads on backwards, this is a DC motor and leads must be on correctly.

there is a hopper test under the 4th menu.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

The hopper doesn't seem to have any power...no noise. This was recently purchased  - tested good from the seller.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »

shortrackskater My opinion is you need to start thinking about what just happened to my machine before you start typing. It's also my opinion that if there is any enjoyment in a slot machine it's the repair of the machine and not the playing of a machine. To me a slot machine is a lot like a puzzle I ask you do you want to read the solution to a puzzle before you try to solve it on your own ??

Let's take the puzzle you now have at hand. You have a perfectly working machine and install coin handling no big deal still a perfect working machine. You now hit CASH out button for 10 coins and get a error. Think about it, when you hit the cash out button two things happen first is the button good, in this case yes because you got a error. Second the hopper starts up and pays out the 10 coins.  Seems in this case the hopper didn't do it's job and pay out the 10 coins. So now we know the hopper malfunctioned, you can do 50 clears and keys and I'll bet the farm not one of the 50 will repair a ailing hopper. Now the question is what's wrong with the hopper, when you hit the cash out button did you hear the hopper motor start running ?? If not why didn't it, if the hopper motor did run, why didn't the coins pay out ??  These are questions you need to figure out.

Now you say you have the hopper limits set at 145 because you have 145 dollar coins, What is going to happen when you cash out anything over 145 credits and someone has taken one of your coins ?? HOPPER EMPTY ERROR that's what's going to happen, plus I have never ever seen a hopper that will pay out every last coin that's in the bowl !!

I'm gonna end this by telling you, you don't have to do a clear to get rid of credits, you can switch the two COMOS chips and that will do it. I'm also going to warn you that if you bend one one the legs on a COMOS, when you bend it back that leg is going to break off. ( If you can find one the COMOS cost about 20 bucks. )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »

Thanks Buzz...this IS a better way to look at it.
Since the hopper was my first obvious thing...I did a hopper test, twice. Both times came up with no noise from the hopper, nothing, and a HOPPER PAYOUT - 0 on the display. Is it safe to assume my hopper is bad or are there other issues to check before I assume?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »

Check and see if both wires are plugged onto the end of the motor. You can turn the white plastic knob at the center of the motor to see if the motor turns freely.

Dollar hoppers are dime a dozen, if you feel like taking a drive to the Antelope Valley ( aren't you people impressed that I live in a place with a name like that )  I kind of think in the old days, the settlers saw a Jackrabbit and thought it was a Antelope.) anyway I have a bunch of dollar hoppers and I'll give you a couple of them, there junk to me !!  Holly wheels, I think that's the correct name.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »

It won't turn at all. Here's a picture. It appears bent. I can try and straighten it out. I'm sure the vendor will send me another if this is the issue. Thanks for the free offer though.   Hail
How's the temp in Antelope Valley today? I'm a little south in Orange County.
UPDATE: I straightened the shaft ever so slightly but there was "no change." Get it?  rotflmao
Also noticed the black side was on the + side of the motor! Still won't work.

* CIMG1636.JPG (327.95 KB, 1405x1301 - viewed 262 times.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:28:21 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.