Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:30:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  2nd Reset key wiring for W2G (s2000) Has anyone figured this out yet? "NEW"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2nd Reset key wiring for W2G (s2000) Has anyone figured this out yet? "NEW"  (Read 5314 times)
r16215
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 13, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »

Would like to install a 2nd reset key for the " Jackpot to Credits option"  W2G setup .PSR SG000363 10X Pay.. I see where it has been talked about, but need answers on the wiring. (S2000)
This is in addition to the normal reset after lockup key switch. One side of the switch goes to BGRD & the other to the cabinet i/o board pin A13 or J12??? Anybody know how to
correctly wire this switch? The i/o board has 3 rows of 16 pins in each row, labeled right on the plug. A13 is empty & on the wiring diagram this is PORT 1 ??  J12 is the FAN??
Thanks for any help you can give me with this. as most posts & pictures don't tell the whole story on this subject.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:30:48 PM by r16215 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:58:11 AM »

This was previously covered in a thread in the I-Game/Game King category, but applies to S2000 machines as well.

First, read through this post:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5570.0

In particular, take a look at the picture and description from OhioGaming in this post (reply #13):

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=5570.msg48685#msg48685

...and finally, see the .pdf file attached right below here which gives some additional information and pictures:

* Key to Credit.pdf (904.93 KB - downloaded 260 times.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
r16215
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »

Does anyone else have a better answer to this question?  Don't want to ruin a good I/O board or anything else by putting a ground on a pin without being sure of where they go.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »

The white connector is a 48-pin DIN connector that has 3 rows of 16 pins each.
You need to look at the connector closely to verify which row of pins are the A,B,and C rows.

The schematics aren't very clear on this other than the fact that the #1, #17, and #33 pins are on the right side of the housing nearest to the RT1,RT2,RT3, and RT4 IC components.
Therefore, the J13th pin would be on the opposite end of the component side of the circuit board.
That winds up to possibly being the black wire w/ the red stripe?
Without an I/O board on-hand in front of me - I cannot possibly answer that.
However, it IS located on either the front or back row - not the middle row.
The schematics do point out that the "A" row is on the longer side of the housing though where
the screws attach it to the metal board sleeve bracket.
Look at your I/O board and how it's plugged into the receptacle housing connector.
There may be some imprinted letters depicting which rows are A,B, and C.

It does appear in the photo that there's two screws that secure
the receptor connector to the bracket on the cabinet wall.
However, I'd be more concerned with exactly how the pin rows are laid out
on the circuit board connector to verify the J13 pin location. 
The schematic drawing that I've attachd below is the "component side" of the I/O Cabinet circuit board.

You would need to determine which pin is the 1st pin on the component side
then splice into the 4th from the opposite end on the correct row.

Here are some pictures I've photoshopped to help you...>>>

* S2000 Cabinet io J2 connector housing pinouts.png (22.04 KB, 699x550 - viewed 345 times.)

* S2000 jackpot to credit io pinout.png (1292.19 KB, 992x638 - viewed 319 times.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:43:29 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

The unless you have a loose wire the the W2G wire has to be added to the cabinet I/O harness
It goes in the hole just to the left of the brown with violet stripe wire.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:08:52 AM »

my $500 top dollar has 2nd reset key hooked up but i dont have the key to it Silly Me! what do i do Scratch Head
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »

Take the lock out and have it "keyed" by a locksmith. Or get a replacement lock with key and install.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »

It's not the same key as the jackpot reset key, Staz?

Cheaper than a locksmith would be to just purchase a jackpot reset keyswitch from one of the vendors here and change out the keyswitch that is in your machine (then you can use the same key for jackpot reset or jackpot to credit).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »

It's not the same key as the jackpot reset key, Staz?

ya its not,wish it was..... i just gotta remember how the wires go when i take it appart to change the lock....this reset lock should work? is there only 2 connector to connect to the key?

* !CDObObgBmk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEz9(zkeQ!BNN0Z9f!9!~~_3.JPG (35.31 KB, 800x600 - viewed 258 times.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:03:16 PM by staz » Logged
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

only 2 wires and 2 lugs i,m sure you,ll get it
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »

this reset lock should work? is there only 2 connector to connect to the key?

Did you look inside of your machine?  That would tell you the answer to your question.   propeller

Yes, there should only be two wires going to that keyswitch, and it doesn't matter which wire goes to which pole on that particular switch -- all the switch does is momentarily complete the circuit when you turn the key, and then it breaks the circuit again once you release the key.

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:09 AM »

i looked at it closely tonite it is only 2 wires should be a easy fix.....machine should be easier to play having that feature and my other project having ticket in and out option......i wont have to run benjis through it.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.