Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  "Netplex Link Is Down" and "No Disp" showing in the displays, game won't boot up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Netplex Link Is Down" and "No Disp" showing in the displays, game won't boot up  (Read 6475 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »

I have a S2000 3 reel, 1 line machine that before I had this issue, would be on and working fine and in no same pattern of time, the bill validator would start to cycle over and over again and then would eventually go to the two above messages in the display windows. Now when I turn the game on, it just stays on the netplex link is down and no disp message. I have re seated the power supply and it is good and tight, I have checked all connections at the motherboard at the rear of the cpu, unplugged and plugged back in all connections on the  small power distribution  board behind the reels, made sure that there was no wires cut or crimped behind the bill validator, checked the I/O board connections in the door and the cabinet (they may need to be replaced?) and also replaced the display that reads netplex link is down, I know the main cpu is good because I tested it in another machine and it booted up just fine. Any ideas as to what else I can check or try? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I did notice that the printer does not have power but it has worked in the past.

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:36:22 AM by BR549 Auto Sales » Logged
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:04:36 AM »

Unplug bill validator and see if it will restart . P.B.

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:33 AM »

Replace the power supply behind the reels with a known good one.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 03:00:02 AM »

Well I did take it out and tried it but had the same results. So you say to unplug it completely? From behind the validator or unplug it from the motherboard?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:31:19 AM »

I find it easier to unplug the connectors from just behind the bill acceptor.
Watch out for that hot little bulb behind there!
Power off the machine 1st before connecting/re-connecting anything that's electronic in a slot machine or you will fry something.
 Burning Resistor
tollguy316
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »

Hello David... I had the same isue with a machine not too long ago... Pull out the BV an then turn on the machine.  Did the " no disp" go away ?   That was the scenario with mine and it ended up being the plug in the back that the BV plugs into. The plug (held on by 2 screws ) goes out the back of the BV unit and splits into 4 seperate connectors.   If this is your scenario also ; then  Bob has one on e-bay    http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-WBA-12-13-BILL-ACCEPTOR-WIRE-HARNESS-/190724207023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c680c71af    ...... Keep us updated on your results, Bill
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

I took the bv out and tried it but still got the same results, it stayed on netplex link is down, then shortly afterwards, the no disp came back. Sometimes when I turn it on and get these messages in the windows, the machine alarm will sound, just like after you do a clear and have to turn the jackpot key. It could very well have something to do with the harness that goes to the bv because when it was working before it could be sitting idle and the bv would start cycling then the no disp would come on, most of the time I could yurn the game off and back on again and it would start working again.
tollguy316
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

Just to rule out that plug; do you have another machine to swap plugs with ?    After you put in another plug; do a netplex configuration....... Also; open and close the door a few times to clear any possible stacked codes ...  Bill
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »

I agree - replace the power supply behind the reels with a known good one.

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:12 PM »

What is a Netplaex configuration? Just the boot up sequence?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »

Netplex config is part of the boot sequence, but you can force one from menu 4 also
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 02:52:42 AM »

Back to working on this demon machine again, I installed a working power supply from one of my other games and am still getting the same Displays Netplex Link Is Down/Display Passes Test and No Disp. I have checked all of the connectors and all have been reseated and all have good clean connections, unplugged the printer, bill validator, swapped out the two displays from working machines. All I can figure now is that I could have a bad motherboard board unless someone knows anything else I can check. Scratch Head
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »

I see there are a lot of ideas on here....
Here's my 2 cents  Tongue Out

I was having a similar problem on a 5 reel machine.
It turns out the issue was with the printer comm board.
It was shorting out the mother board.
If you do replace your mother board, be careful using that printer again.
Good luck!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »

I'm not going to even use the printer on this next go around, can't i just not plug the printer in or does the netplex have to see that it is there? Did you have to replace your motherboard?

Thanks,

David
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »

Yes, I replaced the mother board, and  printer.
Your machine will work fine without the printer.
For as often as you really use it, sometimes it can be a pain!
Jim.
I'm not going to even use the printer on this next go around, can't i just not plug the printer in or does the netplex have to see that it is there? Did you have to replace your motherboard?

Thanks,

David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.