Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  "NO DISP" on IGT S2000 Need Help !!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "NO DISP" on IGT S2000 Need Help !!!  (Read 8905 times)
azslotparts
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »

Ok guys here is the issue
Goes through ram clear and Key chip proceedure as normal then once base chip is replaced says netplex down and passed system check. The display bar goes blank for about 1 minute then on right hand side it says "NO DISP" and nothing else can be done. I have replaced the following in my trouble shooting and know need your help.
Display board
MPU
Power Supply
IO Boards

What am I missing ???
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »

Been there before.... 1st; pull out the BV and then start the machine to see If the "no disp" goes away ?    Let me know what your results are.  Bill
azslotparts
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »

Looks like netplex down still stayed on and the system passes self test screen goes blank then no disp appears again but this time it flashes rather than stay on constant
tollguy316
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »

Do a Netplex Auto config....  The issue with mine was the connector that the BV slides into .   Raz410 sells them  ... and here's a link to it   http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-WBA-12-13-BILL-ACCEPTOR-WIRE-HARNESS-/190724207023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c680c71af
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:20:20 PM by tollguy316 » Logged
azslotparts
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:47 PM »

ok I will try it out and let you know
azslotparts
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »

ok we can strike that off the list as it did not change the "NO DISP" issue
Anyone with other thoughts ??
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:35:27 PM »

I don't know if this will help or not but I'm gonna tell my story.

Recent past I was cleaning, calibrating and just general testing WBA using a S 2000 Haywire machine as a test platform. After about 30 BV I got one that didn't cycle when installed. I went to Net Plex Auto Config, It came back with error " BV not responding ' and then got the "No Display" error. Now to me the error " No Display seems like BS because it's displaying something it's displaying " No Display " which means it's working. OK fast forward, I tried a couple of sets of IO cards, MPU and did a clear and key, nothing fixed the problem No Display. ( when first power the machine on the VFD would be working but when " No Display " would come up VFD would go blank ) Stumbling around I pulled the BV out and " No Display " went away and the VFD came ON. OK every thing looks good, installed a know good BV and it would not cycle. This is when I figured out, even though I had did a clear on the machine, the first " Net Plex Auto Config " that gave me the display error did not clear when I did a full clear on the machine. The only way I can see to get a know good BV to work after doing a Net Plex auto Config and getting a BV Not Responding error, is to do another Auto Config with a good BV installed. ( One would think doing a clear would clear it but it didn't.)

My conclusion to all this is Slot Machines Hate Me.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:01:50 PM »

I don't know if this will help or not but I'm gonna tell my story.

Recent past I was cleaning, calibrating and just general testing WBA using a S 2000 Haywire machine as a test platform. After about 30 BV I got one that didn't cycle when installed. I went to Net Plex Auto Config, It came back with error " BV not responding ' and then got the "No Display" error. Now to me the error " No Display seems like BS because it's displaying something it's displaying " No Display " which means it's working. OK fast forward, I tried a couple of sets of IO cards, MPU and did a clear and key, nothing fixed the problem No Display. ( when first power the machine on the VFD would be working but when " No Display " would come up VFD would go blank ) Stumbling around I pulled the BV out and " No Display " went away and the VFD came ON. OK every thing looks good, installed a know good BV and it would not cycle. This is when I figured out, even though I had did a clear on the machine, the first " Net Plex Auto Config " that gave me the display error did not clear when I did a full clear on the machine. The only way I can see to get a know good BV to work after doing a Net Plex auto Config and getting a BV Not Responding error, is to do another Auto Config with a good BV installed. ( One would think doing a clear would clear it but it didn't.)

My conclusion to all this is Slot Machines Hate Me.

So once it gets the error, it's there until a known good BV is in and an Auto Config is done. Good to know Buzz! You might have just saved some BVs lives. I could see chucking 2-3 if it happened near the end of the test pile.  yes

azslotparts
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »

THANKS BUZZ !!! I will give it another whirl as I am ready to make this machine boat anchor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.