Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 - Convert from 110 to 220V
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 - Convert from 110 to 220V  (Read 5781 times)
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »

I am being lazy and haven't read the manual. Has anyone converted an S2000 from 110V to 220V?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:06:18 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

Isn't it automatic? I think that the power supply is auto-switching. (I could be wrong) as machines are sold world wide. I never saw a switch to go from 110- to 220.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
OhioGaming

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »

I haven't read the manual. Since the S+ you move a jumper wire and just figure it would be the same in the S2000.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

Inside  an S+ power supply is a black/purple striped wire
coming off the transformer to the 5-pin bus bar on the floor...
move the #5 to the empty #4 spot and you'll fry your machine
in North America but,  it will work fine in Europe.
You have to get one of those funny big azzed two-pronged
European plugs though...might work for an electric stove in the U.S.... Tongue Out
!!!! DON'T DO THIS IF YOU LIVE IN NORTH AMERICA !!!!

(Click on photo the make it bigger and way clearer!)>>>

* S+ power supply.jpg (71.63 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 269 times.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:34:49 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
OhioGaming

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »

Thanks Mark .. I am familiar with how the S+ jumper works .. just trying to see if anyone has done the same for an S2000. I have been busy and still haven't read the manual to see if they work the same way.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

oh, craps...
I thought we were talking about an S+... Duh! Duh! Duh!
I'll check my power supply in the S2000 and see what can be done in a bit... yes
OhioGaming

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

Reho might be right .. just plug it into 220V.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »

I would feel better about having something that conditions the current rather than a plug adapter that you might use on a hair dryer or a razor or a computer when traveling to Europe.

http://www.voltageconverters.com/voltage_converters.html

Model No. VC-200W

200 Watt heavy duty voltage converter for continuous use. This Voltage Converter is to be used in 110 volt countries and 200-220-240V countries.

* list_VC200W.jpg (3.23 KB, 141x105 - viewed 301 times.)

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
OhioGaming

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 07:26:01 AM »

Reho is correct. All you have to do is plug it in.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 12:16:38 PM »

Computers already come like that, auto switching. Just plug in and away you go. Of course it is always better to check and get proof just to be on the safe side. Fire is not a cool thing. Safety always never first.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »

Reho is correct. All you have to do is plug it in.

Hehe....that's great.  So Ken, did you just plug a plug adabpter on the end of the plug and that is all?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 03:28:38 PM »

I didn't know it was a switching power supply in an S2000, that's good to know! yes
K+ guys! applause
OhioGaming

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »

I had to get a receptable from Lowes to match the plug I had here from an S+ machine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.