Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:10:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Pinball Games
| | |-+  Electromechanical pinball machine score reels problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Electromechanical pinball machine score reels problem  (Read 7062 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:09 AM »

I am working on an older dog of a game (Sonic Super Straight) and as points roll up, it won't advance on the ten thousands reel, the thousands reel just rolls back to "0" and it wont advance on the ten thousand reel as it should. The coil for the 10,000 relay is working (it pulls in) but no advance. If I roll it up manually, it will re-set when I start a new game. Any of you pinheads have any ideas on this? I have worked on Bally, Gottlieb and Williams games em machines in the past and I would just clean all of the stepper unit contacts, bottom cabinet contacts, etc. and usually had good results, but this is a new problem to me.

Thanks,

David
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »

I'm assuming these reels use some sort of ratchet mechanism to advance the counters. Maybe a stuck lever or broken spring?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:21:20 AM »

Would they still rotate back to zero when starting a new game though after I have manually advanced them ahead?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:29 AM »

For what it's worth, it is the same for player 2, 3 and 4 as well, not just player 1.
poppo

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:17 AM »

I'm just guessing that a different lever resets them. sort of like those handheld mechanical counters where one button advances and another resets. Can you observe how the other ones operate while they are advancing?

<edit> If they are all doing it, then I'm at a loss. Can you post a picture of the assembly?

Maybe some help about halfway down the page. Talks about about a seperate reset solenoid.
http://tuukan.fliput.net/emfix_en.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:34:25 AM by poppo » Logged
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:32:54 AM »

wel, they pull in according to how many times the 1000s points rollup, I was thinking that it may be an issue with a contact in the main drum unit in the bottom of the cabinet, it will ore than likely just take some time to track it down..........slow process with these mechanical pinball machines. After they get to working though, they are pretty dependable as long as you play them a few times a week.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »

See the link above. They show two different types. I was assuming it has the solenoid ratchet type.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »

1st did it ever work right? there sould be 1 relay the works that reel on each player , that goes thur player up relay
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

it belongs to a friend of mine who got it in a non working state, but i'm sure it did work at one time.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »

someone might have resolder a wire to wrong place , we had a guy that we didn,t like that bought em games  off a big resaler of used games his guy would move a wire on a stepup unit  before the guy came to pickup his pins , he would give up on them quick and bet us we couldn,t fix them , we beat him out of alot of cash over the years and he did turn into a nice guy after that, when we sold em pins to homes we had all kinds of shit happen when the home owner  got their hand in the pin, so you got your work cut out for you , also make sure the head and body have same number on them one could be wired wrong , we have also seen the wiper taken off a unit and put on in wrong spot  most will go on in 2 places, good luck
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »

thanks for the info, I will continue this quest.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.