Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  i have a s5500 bally slot machine and i need help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i have a s5500 bally slot machine and i need help  (Read 7763 times)
BOBBYM
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:59:12 AM »

my bill exchanger went bad and i took it to the slot man here in az, well he got sick and moved away and i am stuck with the machine pictured in the url without a bill exchanger. i would like to just convert to straight coin (quarters it is now). how hard is this and how can i do it myself? i have limited experience with slot machines but know computers pretty well. thanks...bobbym

Moderator: Changed url to display image in post. SF garfield
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:14:16 AM by StatFreak » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »

NLG Welcome Bobbym  wave

I fixed your link to display the picture directly.

It appears that he took the DBV head and maybe the transport (it's hard to tell because it's washed out in the picture), but left the rest. Is the wiring harness still in the machine? If so, there would be three loose connectors that would plug into the Bill head coming from the machine's backplane board (two plug into the left side of the bill head, and one plugs into the bezel light.

In any case, replacing the Bill head (and the transport, if necessary) is a simple matter, and not expensive. You would want a DBV200 SG 044/045 head, but our vendors will know that already once you tell them you have a Bally 5500 ProSlot. You might need a set of clear chips, depending on the Mains installed (the chips that run the game).

Can you open the door and get some closeups of the validator assy.?  Also, can you pull the MPU board/tray (with power OFF) and take pictures of the socketed IC chips that have white stickers on them so that we can read the information on the stickers?  There will be six of them in two rows of three. Please Post Pictures

You can post the pictures directly in the thread (two per post) or post them the way you did the first. Use the IMG command to display the pictures directly.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:57:41 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »

Also, it might help if you tell us exactly what went wrong with the validator in the first place.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
BOBBYM
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 05:19:24 AM »

awesome...i will follow up tomorrow. bm
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »

Are there any error codes in the displays.  If it has set for very long I would guess you'll need to replace battery.  The low/dead battery code is 81.

Bob (rjpohl)

StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:06 AM »

Now that you mention it, there does seem to be an error code displayed on the machine, but it's too blurry and washed out to read.

BOBBYM
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »

here's some pics of the machine.

thanks for your help..this site kicks ass.

bobbym
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 06:08:55 AM »

It looks like he stripped it. Who was this guy and why didn't he return your property to you?!  hissy fit

You'll need a transport, cash can (or you can disable the sensor switch -- more later), the DBV200 head, and I believe a wiring harness -- I don't see the ends of the harness in the picture, but I can't really tell.

The 50 code is simply a door open message, and the 73 indicates that you've bumped or moved the third reel. Both will clear when you close the door. The two dots also indicate the that the door has been opened. They will disappear after you close the door and play one complete game.

By the way, what is that multi-colored wiring harness-looking thing wrapped around or near the handle base? Scratch Head 2

We'll still need to see closeups of the chips on the board as I requested in reply #1 to determine if you'll need to also order clear chips, or you can copy the information yourself and post back.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »

If I understand your original post, you just want the machine to play on coins. If I'm correct why don't we get the machine working and address the BV later.

The main board ( MPU ) is located right below the reels. On the front of the tray you will see three buttons and one switch. The switch must be in the up position for coin play. Press the right hand button ( reset ) the 73 error you have should go away. Now close the door, if no other errors pop up you should be good to go. If this doesn't work, let us know what it doing, Bally's are pretty easy to fix.

As Bob suggested, If it's been any length of time since the battery on the MPU has been changed, your going to need one. They only last for a year or so.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
BOBBYM
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »

It looks like he stripped it. Who was this guy and why didn't he return your property to you?!  hissy fit

You'll need a transport, cash can (or you can disable the sensor switch -- more later), the DBV200 head, and I believe a wiring harness -- I don't see the ends of the harness in the picture, but I can't really tell.

The 50 code is simply a door open message, and the 73 indicates that you've bumped or moved the third reel. Both will clear when you close the door. The two dots also indicate the that the door has been opened. They will disappear after you close the door and play one complete game.

By the way, what is that multi-colored wiring harness-looking thing wrapped around or near the handle base? Scratch Head 2

We'll still need to see closeups of the chips on the board as I requested in reply #1 to determine if you'll need to also order clear chips, or you can copy the information yourself and post back.

close ups will be coming, the wiring harness to the right is a Christmas ornament/decor...does look like wire though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:58:15 AM by StatFreak » Logged
BOBBYM
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:37 AM »

If I understand your original post, you just want the machine to play on coins. If I'm correct why don't we get the machine working and address the BV later.

The main board ( MPU ) is located right below the reels. On the front of the tray you will see three buttons and one switch. The switch must be in the up position for coin play. Press the right hand button ( reset ) the 73 error you have should go away. Now close the door, if no other errors pop up you should be good to go. If this doesn't work, let us know what it doing, Bally's are pretty easy to fix.

As Bob suggested, If it's been any length of time since the battery on the MPU has been changed, your going to need one. They only last for a year or so.

error cleared and looks normal but the quarters just fall thru to the tray. thanks again...bm
BOBBYM
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 05:42:56 AM »

hey guys...got it working, thanks so much for your help. this is a great site for slot owners no doubt. SLOT ON!!
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:42 AM »

hey guys...got it working, thanks so much for your help. this is a great site for slot owners no doubt. SLOT ON!!

Glad to hear it! applause applause What steps did you take to get it working?

BOBBYM
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

Glad to hear it! applause applause What steps did you take to get it working?
not much other than what you guys said to do, also had to replace some lamp starters and lamps. system works great, next step is to change the glass and reel numbers and make it look and act like a different machine. i am very happy now...thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.