Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  bally e-1000 error 50
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally e-1000 error 50  (Read 2560 times)
BallySlotsZ
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

Help,
  I have a Bally e-1000 slot machine. The code 50 is on the machine all the time when the door is open or closed. I tested the door switch and it appears to be correct- Door open top and bottom front wire and top and bottom back wires show open. If I push the switch in the top and bottom front and back wires show closed.

The machine with the door closed you pull the handle and it goes into tilt and the reels never stop. If I push the reset on the hopper board all coils fire and stop the wheels.  I cannot get into test when the door is open.

I am assuming there is a I/O board problem?
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »

A reel spin with the result that the reels that spin and don't stop
is generally the kick switches.
Here's how to check.

* Kick switch.jpg (739.55 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 317 times.)

* Untitled5.jpg (507.08 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 290 times.)

One step at a time.
DCM1519
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »

This may not be the problem but is easy to check.  Mine did the same thing when I got it and I checked the gap on the reel readers.  They were all way off (too wide).  I thought about a feeler gauge but settled for estimating the gap  Moving them to somewhere near 1/16th solved that problem.
BallySlotsZ
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »

Does anyone have the information to adjust the reel reader Gap?  I have never done this before.

did yours also have the 50 on the display until you adjusted the reel readers?

Would this also cause me not to be able to get into test?
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »

Code 50 is door opened .
It should go away when you close the door
and play one game.
Here is the list of codes.

* Bally Codes.jpg (895.03 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 316 times.)

One step at a time.
DCM1519
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 01:55:40 AM »

It took me a long time to get around to adjusting the gap on those reels because I thought it was a difficult task.  Actually, it is really simple and takes very little time to do it.  Just get a small wrench to loosen the bolts and from there on it is nothing to worry about  I cannot see any way that you could damage anything by trying it.  You may not even have to do it if the gap appears close to 1/16th.

My machine also gave the 50 on the readout but that just means the door is open.  It will stay on until you play the first time after opening the door.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.