Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Need help with a Bally E-1208
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with a Bally E-1208  (Read 6672 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: February 28, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »

I have a machine that has a code of "50. 0.00" on the meter. I have tried the #2 test and the numbers are cycling on the meter, but I am not getting any relay coils engaging during this test. So I have been told that I may not be getting 50 v or to check my delay relay. Can a member tell me how to check for the 50 v and the delay relay?

Thanks,

David
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »

follow up question, which of the fuses is for th 50 v? I was also told that one of the fuse holders may be cracked.

Thanks
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »

the delay relay is located to the left of the hopper, the fuse bank should also be mounted on the backwall  left side.  it's best to remove the whole bracket, this way you could see and inspect all the fuse body and the connections as well. I think they go to a plug so you can take it out of the machine and also check it out with a ohm meter.

best to do this with the power off.  the 50 volt wire is usually orange.

doing alot of this from memory, overall you will see what I mean.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »

there is also a power supply board on the right side backwall, this provides all the dc voltages to operate the machine. there are three or four voltages to check there as well. +5vdc, crossover, there are wire loops to test each one.  the connector on that power supply caused alot of problems. if its the push in type from the top, and your voltages are low, wiggle the blue/black and red/black wires , if the voltages get back to normal , then you have to re seat the wires in the connector.

another area of that machine caused alot of problems was the CPU board, left sidewall, if there is a piggyback board (ram memory/battery)  the connections were suspect. put something behind the board and try and reseat the connections, the reason for putting something behind the board, so you don't short it out to the metal case.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »

no piggyback board on this machine as far as I can tell. The battery s soldered directly to the CPU board. I will pull the fuse bracket and start from there.

Thanks for the info.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »

Thanks to some help from some members here and an IO board from Barry at Foxslots, this game is just about up and running I believe. It will now accept coins and the #2 relays, lights, etc test is working and I am getting a 50  000 code which I believe means that the game is ready for play. Here is my problem, when I insert the 3 nickles and pull the handle, the reels spin and when the 1st reel stops, it tilts and therefore the other two just remain in freespin. Can someone tell me how I can correct this?

Thanks,

David
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:50:30 AM »

are getting a code other than the 50?
Maybe a 72 or 92?

One step at a time.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »

In a test mode or just when sitting idle?
proten

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »

when it tilts

* Ballycodes.jpg (545.69 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 281 times.)

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 01:58:59 AM »

Check the meter on the door for a code. It might read 42 if the first reel stopped and the last two didn't. You could have a bad reel reader or it could be dirty or out of adjustment. First we need to know what code is showing

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »

meter shows "42"
proten

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »

Try adjusting the reel readers.

* Reels.jpg (1031.57 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 253 times.)

One step at a time.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 02:23:05 AM »

Thanks for the info sheets, I will check those wheels when I have a chance later this week. Getting kinda late for tonight. Thanks again for all of the help guys, learning more every day!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 02:24:23 AM »

I adjusted the 1st reel, I believe anyway. It is still going into tilt after the 1st reel is stopped and still getting a error code of 3 then 42 on the meter. Looking at the reel reader area, I noticed that reel #1 and reel #3 have lights on on the inside next to the reels but the #2 reel does not have the same lights. Could this be part of the problem? Also. I noticed before that if I pulled the fuse from the hopper, a light would come on, now when I pull the same fuse, the light does not come on anymore.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 04:46:57 AM »

The red light on the hopper is there to show a blown fuse. As for the reel reader they have 5 bulbs per reader and they all need to be lit to operate correctly. If I remember right if one bulbs burns out all 5 go out. You can take that reader out and take the tape off back side covering the lights and check them with an OHM meter. Now there are two different types of reel readers, a 5V infra red and yours the 50V buib type. Make sure someone didn't put a 5V one in your machine. The 5V reader is marked with a sticker saying its a 5V reader. I do repair these parts, or parts can be bought through Barry Fox at Foxsslots.

Gary

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 05:01:48 AM »

so are you saying that my #2 reader is possibly bad since none of the lights are on? Will that cause the 3/42 error code after the 1st reel tilts? As far as the hopper, I thought that if you pulled the fuse out that the red light would come on. If I pull that middle reader out to check it what should I set my meter to and where do I check on the reader itself? I also believe that not everything as far as coils, lamps, etc. are not activating during the #2 test sequence. Is there a list of each step in the #2 test sequence that will tell me what shoud be activated upon each step? I rknow that some of the lamps turn on, the coin diverter coil pulls in, the reel stops coils pulls in and the jackpot bell rings and that is about all I remember, I am sure that some coils, etc. are not engaging.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

Yea the error code 42 means the 2nd reels the problem, 41 would be the first reel and 43 the third.. I miss read your post on the fuse. The hopper light should come on if the fuse is blowen or removed. Makes me wonder if you might have blowen one of the fuses on your fuse block now.. When checking the reader for a bad bulb, you will have to take the tape off the back side of the reader covering the lights. Using you meter set it up to check OHM's or for an open circuit. Check each bulb till you find what one is burnt out.. That bulb will need to be replace for the reader to work.. I'll have to see if my book has a step by step for test #2..

Gary

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:37 AM »

All fuses look fine, is there anything else that would cause the light on the hopper to not come on when I take the fuse out? Also, do you have a working reel reader that I can buy from you?

Thanks,

David
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »

I'm by no means an expert here, a newbie with a thought, but the bulb on the hopper, is it burned out? If the bulb is incadescent then you should be able to check the bulb with a meter. If the bulb is neon I'm not sure what the proper way is to check the bulb? Just thinking if the bulb is defective then you will be seeing a false status when doing a test.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »

All fuses look fine, is there anything else that would cause the light on the hopper to not come on when I take the fuse out? Also, do you have a working reel reader that I can buy from you?

Thanks,

David

David, you say the fuses look fine, did you check them with a meter?? I have had fuses look good but check bad when check on an OHM meter.. I do have both reel reader boards, 5V and 50V. What one did you need again? I get $30 exchange or $40 out right, that includes shipping..

Gary

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

I will check them with a meter, thanks. PM me your address and I will send the bad reader to you, I can pay you via paypal or money order.

Thanks for your help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.