Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally S6000 Can't Clear Code 31 And 55
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally S6000 Can't Clear Code 31 And 55  (Read 11248 times)
gtstang
« on: January 18, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »

Hi, I am new to this hobby.  I just acquired 3 Bally S6000 machines.  I have a Wild Rose 3 coin machine that I am not able to clear code 31 (hopper jam) and code 55 (bill stacker).  Sometimes it will give the code 5529 as well.  I have checked the wiring and it is good.  I swapped out the hopper thinking it was the problem and that did not help.  I swapped out the stacker and bill validator and that did not help as well.  Any other things I should check?  I also have a Bonus Frenzy 3 coin that had a dead battery and I did replace it, but now I am getting error 83F.  Do I need to acquire eproms to clear the corrupt data?  Thanks in advance for any help. 
Slottex
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:03:33 AM »

I HAVE RUN INTO THE SAME PROBLEMS. TRY DOING A RAM CLEAR ON BOTH MACHINES. THEY MADE 2 DIFFERENT SETS OF RAM CLEAR CHIPS FOR THE PRO 6000. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE NEWEST SET. I THINK THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

Welcome to the site.You should fill out your profile so that people know more about you.  You may be just down the street from another member...

code 55- Check the wiring going to the switch that the cash can pushes, there may be a wire off. also make sure the cash can door is closed. 

code 31- check the hopper plug wiring also.  As previously mentioned, doing a complete saferam clear is usually a good idea, especially on machines that weren't shopped out.

Thanks,
Wayne
(in Brampton, Ontario, Canada)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »

Welcome to the site.You should fill out your profile so that people know more about you.  You may be just down the street from another member...

code 55- Check the wiring going to the switch that the cash can pushes, there may be a wire off. also make sure the cash can door is closed. 

code 31- check the hopper plug wiring also.  As previously mentioned, doing a complete saferam clear is usually a good idea, especially on machines that weren't shopped out.

Thanks,
Wayne
(in Brampton, Ontario, Canada)
P.S. A LOT of the time, the cashcan is totally missing! You can fool it into running by placing a small piece of metal over it and holding it in with tape.This is for test only,but it will allow it to boot up Smiley

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 07:21:29 PM »

Here is a picture of the Cashcan and the error you get if (like Mopar says) the can is not all the way in/door open....
This is also a Pro-6000 Bonus Frenzy 4 reel/25X multiplier.

Kirk in Las Vegas

* CIMG1888.JPG (162.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 629 times.)

* CIMG1887.JPG (170.05 KB, 640x480 - viewed 320 times.)

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
gtstang
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 04:57:28 AM »

Thanks for everyones info.  I have checked with my fluke and the wiring and switches are all testing fine,  I must have something corrupt data,  is there a way t clear the chips without needing to purchase a set.   The picture on kirk in Lasvegas as right on,  Any trouble shooting guides out thee that can point a new be in the right diction.  Thanks for the help.,  Dave
paul
paul
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 01:01:46 AM »

If you have a bally 6000 you should have clear chips U 28 and U 43
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »

Did you manage to clear this?  Please let us know.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
gtstang
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:19:09 AM »

Have not fixed it yet.  I just ordered the saferam chip set.  I will let you know after I try the chips.  Thanks
paul
paul

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 01:24:49 AM »

Remember to shut machine off when you remove hopper as not to get a error 31
gtstang
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »

I just received my clear chip set yesterday thanks to a helpful member.  I put them in the Wild Rose machine and it took care of the 31 and 55 codes and works just fine.  The other machine Bonus Frenzy is a different story.  It had a dead battery, so I replaced it and got the 83F error code.  I figured no big deal because it just needed a saferam clear.  I installed the clear chip set in this machine and now it gives me a 55 code and 23 code.  I have checked the wiring to the BV and stacker and all the switches test good on my ohm meter.  Double checked the stacker door to ensure it was closed and the stacker door switch was working right.  The other code 23, I have checked the coin optics for any obstructions and found none.  I tested the diverter solenoid and it tests good and has no restrictions or linkage problems.  I installed the coin optics and compartitor in another machine and they worked just fine.  I even re-cleared the mpu again with the same results.  When I first turn on the slot it does the normal start up with the reels returning to home and then you can hear the coin diverter clicking on and off several times and then both codes show up on the machine.  Anything else I should look at?  Thanks again for everyones help. 
paul
paul

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »

Try when you install cash box to push it in a little hard also when you turn on machine do you here the validator roll and set. If you do and code comes back do another ram clear.
gtstang
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »

The BV does run when you first turn on the machine.  I even swaped the cash can and head on the other machine to see if the problem carried.  I will try another ram clear tonight.  Thanks
stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »

I just received my clear chip set yesterday thanks to a helpful member.  I put them in the Wild Rose machine and it took care of the 31 and 55 codes and works just fine.  The other machine Bonus Frenzy is a different story.  It had a dead battery, so I replaced it and got the 83F error code.  I figured no big deal because it just needed a saferam clear.  I installed the clear chip set in this machine and now it gives me a 55 code and 23 code.  I have checked the wiring to the BV and stacker and all the switches test good on my ohm meter.  Double checked the stacker door to ensure it was closed and the stacker door switch was working right.  The other code 23, I have checked the coin optics for any obstructions and found none.  I tested the diverter solenoid and it tests good and has no restrictions or linkage problems.  I installed the coin optics and compartitor in another machine and they worked just fine.  I even re-cleared the mpu again with the same results.  When I first turn on the slot it does the normal start up with the reels returning to home and then you can hear the coin diverter clicking on and off several times and then both codes show up on the machine.  Anything else I should look at?  Thanks again for everyones help. 
On the 23 code I had that problem some time ago make sure on the front panel of mpu board
coin mech switch is in the up position and check dsw2 switch 8 is set to off but I believe you need to do another ram clear for that I finally cleared the 23 on my S6000 as you said everything else checks out coin optics ect
gtstang
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:58:03 AM »

Stormrider, You were right.  When I looked at the dip switch settings, they were set wrong.  Now the hard part is finding out what the dip switches should be set at for my game bonus frenzy.  The DS1 is set as 1-off, 2-8 are on.  DS2 is set as 1-off, 2-off, 3-on, 4-off, 5 was off and 6 was on (I changed these to the JCM WBA Setting of 5-on, 6-off), 7-off, 8 was off but I changed it to on.  DS3 is set as 1-on, 2-on, 3-on, 4-on, 5-on, 6-on, 7-on, 8-on.  I am not sure about DS1-SW3 bonusing, Secondary device protocol SW4, SW5, and SW6.  On DS2 I believe these are correctly set except for SW7 which is the reel spin.  Anyone know what they should be set at.  Thanks again for the help.  Dave
Slottex
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 07:40:40 AM »

TRY DS1 ALL BUT 7 ON - DS2 1,2 OFF 3 ON 4 OFF 5 ON 6 0FF 78 ON - DS3 ALL ON. THIS IS FOR $.25 DENOMINATION. YOU MUST RAM CLEAR AFTER CHANGING SETTINGS.

HOPE THIS HELPS
stormrider

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »

Stormrider, You were right.  When I looked at the dip switch settings, they were set wrong.  Now the hard part is finding out what the dip switches should be set at for my game bonus frenzy.  The DS1 is set as 1-off, 2-8 are on.  DS2 is set as 1-off, 2-off, 3-on, 4-off, 5 was off and 6 was on (I changed these to the JCM WBA Setting of 5-on, 6-off), 7-off, 8 was off but I changed it to on.  DS3 is set as 1-on, 2-on, 3-on, 4-on, 5-on, 6-on, 7-on, 8-on.  I am not sure about DS1-SW3 bonusing, Secondary device protocol SW4, SW5, and SW6.  On DS2 I believe these are correctly set except for SW7 which is the reel spin.  Anyone know what they should be set at.  Thanks again for the help.  Dave
Ok so did the 23 error clear then ?
gtstang
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

Yes, It did.  When I changed the setting for the diverter option 23 went away.  I still had the 55 error code until I changed the BV setting to the correct WBA.  Then recleared the machine and no more codes.  I am not sure if this game needs the DS1-SW3 to be turned on for bonus or turned of for no bonus?  I am assuming that the secondary device protocol options are not available on my machine.  The denomination is correct for .25c.  The market code is set correct.  I know the BV is set up right now.  And after reading some old post from a69mopar about the DS2-SW7 option for regular reel spin or crazy wheel spin I know this can be set either way depending on my taste.  Stormrider, Thanks for the tip.  I would have never even thought about checking the dip switch setting because I figured no one would touch them.  Thanks, Dave
stormrider

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »

Yes, It did.  When I changed the setting for the diverter option 23 went away.  I still had the 55 error code until I changed the BV setting to the correct WBA.  Then recleared the machine and no more codes.  I am not sure if this game needs the DS1-SW3 to be turned on for bonus or turned of for no bonus?  I am assuming that the secondary device protocol options are not available on my machine.  The denomination is correct for .25c.  The market code is set correct.  I know the BV is set up right now.  And after reading some old post from a69mopar about the DS2-SW7 option for regular reel spin or crazy wheel spin I know this can be set either way depending on my taste.  Stormrider, Thanks for the tip.  I would have never even thought about checking the dip switch setting because I figured no one would touch them.  Thanks, Dave
Great glad I could help I had the 23 error for a month until I found the fix
sorry I cant help with the bonus setting as I dont have that type of machine
Im sure someone else can chime in as this site has top notch people to help
as they have done for me many times......Tim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.