Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:55:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Need some help please...5500 slant top
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some help please...5500 slant top  (Read 2169 times)
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« on: February 16, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »

my mothers boyfriend (Larry) recently purchased a 5500 slant top and decided that since i am a slot tech by trade, i should be able to get this thing in top shape for him.  the only problem with this idea is that i have no experience with Bally games because my manager hated them when he was a floor tech so i need some help from some of you out there. Help

the issue i have to deal with first is with power.  Larry said that when he first plugged it in, the reels spun and the 7 seg showed some numbers flashing on it.  of course when i turned it on all i have is flouros, nothing on the 7 seg, no reel spin, no led on the mpu, no led on the coin comparitor, no resistance in the reels when i manually spin them, nothing from the dbv-145 validator.  the only thing i see is the red led on the hopper board comes on then fades when i turn the power switch off. Scratch Head

i have already pulled the power supply out and changed the electrolytics and tested what components i could with my meter.  i have also double-checked the wiring and circuit breakers.  i have 120VAC at the service plugs and several points in the game.

my main questions are where are good places to test for voltages, is there another component(s) in the p/s that would cause this problem, should i be looking somewhere other than the p/s, and where can i get parts?  i've been a tech for 6.5+ years and am comfortable with repairs from the board level up.  i don't see any suface mount so this should be simple for me to work on.

if any more info is needed please post up and i will find what you need to help me. TIA for all who read and have suggestions. Hail

Now You're Techin'!!!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:08:37 PM »

As cheap as the board is we don't even cap them due to burnt traces, but that is all we ever did before they were available, but they are not anything special (the Switching Board) you can use a PT-45B or PT-65B we sell an Autec unit (Board) for $25 and they are even higher rated, I really wouldn't spend too much time on trying to fix that one, but below is the link to Robert Sults page that shows the Voltages and the common Cap that goes bad, this is just such a common problem with the 5500 we just put a new one in so we don''t have the problem, but one thing I will offer is if you buy one of the PS boards and it isn't your problem we will take it back less shipping, that is how common this problem is

http://www.myslotnotes.com/Bally%20Power%20Supply.htm

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »

As cheap as the board is we don't even cap them due to burnt traces, but that is all we ever did before they were available, but they are not anything special (the Switching Board) you can use a PT-45B or PT-65B we sell an Autec unit (Board) for $25 and they are even higher rated, I really wouldn't spend too much time on trying to fix that one, but below is the link to Robert Sults page that shows the Voltages and the common Cap that goes bad, this is just such a common problem with the 5500 we just put a new one in so we don''t have the problem, but one thing I will offer is if you buy one of the PS boards and it isn't your problem we will take it back less shipping, that is how common this problem is

http://www.myslotnotes.com/Bally%20Power%20Supply.htm

sounds good, i checked out your ebay store and didn't see the upgrade board you wrote about.  hopefully you can help me out with another problem i discovered; there is no cash box in the game.  it's a dbv 145 and needs the cash box that is side remove.  if you have this as well i can paypal you today if you give me a total and your paypal e-mail.  let me know, thanks.

Now You're Techin'!!!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »

No problem, will send a pm Thanks

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.