Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  A quick Bally's Test - Items we should all have in our tool box..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A quick Bally's Test - Items we should all have in our tool box..  (Read 1816 times)
Red7
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

I love my slots.....

« on: September 04, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »

Hey Guys,
After reading a couple posts.. I thought I would put some information out there for the newbies.. As well some of the pros might find this info helpful.. If this is all old news.. then please disregard..

When getting my hand on a "New to me" Ballys 6000, I am anxious to get it up and running right away to find out if there are any noisy reels, or MPU problems.. So this is how I do it.. in less then 5 Min..

Tools everyone should have in there box..

100 Ohm Resistor (1/4 watt will work fine)
Old Hopper Plug (14 Pin) with pin 1 (Yellow) and pin 5 (Grey/Orange) tied together.. All other pins can be removed.
Old comparator harness (9 pin)  with all wires removed except pin 6 (white/black) It is best to extend this wire about 3 feet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From dirty dusty machine to spinning off credits in less then 5 min

1. Open machine and remove hopper, and unplug hopper plug from back board, install 14 pin shorting plug you made. (DO THIS FIRST, if you do a clear before hand.. you will need to clear again if you forgot!)
2. Unplug and coin comparator gear in door from 9 pin molex plug. Plug in your 9 pin with white/black wire (run wire down under door if not using resistor, remove tray)
3. Install Clear chips and do full clear
4. Power on machine, with door open, hit "Change" to clear date input. As well make sure coin mech switch on MPU is on.
5. With door open hit test until 11d Menu settings show on display
    Change the following
    27 - 03
    54 - 0000 (hold change button)
    56 - 0000 (hold change button)
    51 - 9999 (use change button hit once)
    58 - 9999 (use change button hit once)

6. With 58 and 9999 still on displays Unplug 2-Pin Door Optic wires from sensor. Put one end or 100 ohm resistor in each hole of connector that line up to the 2 wires. (This will tell the machine the door is closed) (you could close door if you like instead, but it is nice to test when open to listen to reels.

7. When error 50 is gone, and "Insert Credit is lit" (if it had bulbs working) Take wire that is hanging from 9 pin connector (white/black) and bare the other end about a 1/2 inch. Now simply rub it back and forth on the bottom metal of machine where hopper used to be.. Buy rubbing it back and forth will trick he machine to think its getting coin pulses. (it will not throw an error for that wire is not be used) If you get the rhythm down pat, you will get credits to add up very fast..(I like to use the metal on the bottom of door, dotn use any visable chrome areas for copper wire will scratch it) (This wire is protected in the machine so you cant hurt anything)  When you have got enough credits.. leave wire there, (Make sure it doesn't rest on metal "ground") And you can spin the reels and test everything. When you hit cash out it will go to hand pay (Have key ready for bell is noisy)   

And that's it.. That's how I can get a machine running in minutes and test all functions before I start to clean it, and install bill acceptors etc..

Hope this helps people trying to get there machines up and running with next to no additional parts.. from there you can determine how you want your machine set up. Remember to remove the resistor in the door optics harness and plug back in. You can unplug the 9 pin molex connector and re0install your coin gear.. and so on.....

Steve

solinoid
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »

Steve,
Nice post! Good set of tips. I have a couple Proslots, they don't give me much trouble though. I tend to like fixin em' more than playing em'  propeller
+1 (Karma, or whatever) for you!
Thanks,
Barry

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is , give me a crack at it Smiley
Red7
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

I love my slots.....

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

Hey thanks..

I have received a lot of help from he forum the last couple years.. thought I would explain how I do things now.. even if it helps one person..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.