Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  first reel stops the other two keep turning
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: first reel stops the other two keep turning  (Read 4741 times)
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »

I have a Bally E-1226 the coins get accepted but only the first reel stops the other two keep turning. After I power off and back on the coils engage so the coils are ok.
Any Help?
Thank You,
 Scott
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:16:11 AM »

Welcome Scott,  applause
Check to reel readers. Move number three to the number two spot and number two to number three spot.
If the machine then engages the first two reels and not the third, You have a bad reel reader ( the one you moved to number three )
Otherwise it could be a lubrication problem.

Keep us posted.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »

I switched #2 & #3 reel readers but still only the first reel stops then goes to tilt.
What should I lubercate?
Thank you for your help.
Scott
Neonkiss

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:37:59 AM »

Pull the reel out of the holders. Small flip levers on the sides.
Then with the reel assembly out of the machine and the reel basket off clean all the old grease from the levers below. Be sure everything moves freely.
If you do one at a time you can use the others that you haven't touched to see where all the springs go back in place.

SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:01:32 AM »

Everything is lubbed and moves freely but only the first reel stops. After power off and power back on the others lock right away. As soon as the first reel stops it goes TILT, shold I change 1st reader with second?
Scott
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 01:05:41 AM »

You know I switched reel readers but kept them pluged in, sorry, I will go back and switch readers and have #3 reader on #2 reel with correct plugs
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

I have a bad real reader, I switched them around now 1& 2 stop but not reel 3 .
Thank you soooooo much,
Any good places to purchase these?
Thanks for your help.
Scott
SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:43 AM »

Is there a chance the tape in the back is peeling off a little that it may keeps it from workin?
Thanks again,
 Scott
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:35:00 AM »

Scott:  you could contact Barry at FOXSSLOTS1 (top of page  vendor)    he will need to know what type of reader it is, old version or the new version.   

With no tilts on the machine, open door, locate the hopper----there is a ckt. board located on the front of that unit with two red buttons on it. Press the one labeled test  (right) one time for approx 3 sec.  release/ should here the three solonids click and a 1 should be in the display on the right side and a 50 on the left. this is normal. every time you press that button you can advance to the next test. If you press it 5 times ----this should be the reel reader test.  If you have the old style readers they should be on and visible.there are 5 lamps on each reader.if any of the lamps are out on the suspect reader then this is your problem, if they are on then its probably the photo transistor.you can cycle thru each symbol and observe the display,it should be the same number for the same symbol.  example: while in this test  pull reel mech out 1/2 way so it is still engaged in the tracts. rotate by hand each reel until you get the cherries lined up on the payline--do this so that the reel stops stay engaged. if you did this right there should be  "o o o"  in the display. That is the display symbol for the Cherries.  if anything different, then the different one should be the same as the suspect reader.  that is if the third symbol is different then it indicates the third reader is bad.

Hope this is not too confusing  and I hope it helps  these machines are a little more challenging to fix and maintain but once there up and running and lubed  they are fun.  each time you press the test button you can do a different test. #4 or 4 times tests the hopper.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Neonkiss

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »

Barry at Foxslots has the parts and can do the repairs on your reel reader. In fact if the problem is the phototransister and it's the old style he is the only one that has them.

SK8US
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:21 AM »

Thank you, I have already contacted Barry and yes he can fix it.
Thanks to all.
Scott
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.